Let's Move

The next morning, Eddie runs out to get us some Dunkin doughnuts and coffee as I get ready. I feel like trash, but I take some Tylenol and try to keep it rolling. Leave it to bean to give me a hard time today out of all days.

Elvis seems to realize that something fishy is about to go down because he has decided to hide underneath Eddie's bed and no number of treats or psst psst psst's can get him out. We are just going to have to wait until we lift the bed out of the room to try to catch him. Poor little guy. I had sprayed the room with some calming spray the vet recommended last night and he slept really well, but I can tell he is still scared.

I sit on the bed and lace up my sneakers. It's warm today, so I decided on dark gray cotton shorts and a baggy George Michael t-shirt, much to Eddie's dismay. The shirt is worn and an old favorite and honestly, just what I needed to help me feel a little better.

My hair has gotten just long enough to put up and I decide on two low ponytails, trying to avoid any more of a headache if I can help it.

I can hear Wayne's truck rumbling into the yard just as my stomach starts to growl and I sigh gratefully. Wayne had borrowed Eddie's van and let us borrow the truck for the day to help with the move. I meet Eddie in the kitchen and he sets the box of doughnuts and coffee on the counter. I love my coffee with more cream and sugar than actual coffee, honestly, so Eddie indicates which one is mine, so I don't accidentally drink his nasty sludge. He pulls a chocolate sprinkle doughnut from the box and bites into it happily as we settle at the table. I am a fan of Bouston Creme and I pull the biggest one from the box and excitedly chew the chocolately goodness.

"Everyone should be here soon and we can get started." Eddie says, looking over at the clock above the stove and I nod.

"Are you sure you don't want to get changed?" I say, gesturing towards him. He's in his usual black jeans and t-shirt, but I can imagine it will be sweaty and hard for him to move in those pants. "I set out some long shorts for you just in case."

Eddie slowly sips his coffee before setting it down. He plays with the plastic lid and for a moment, I worry something I said upset him.

"I just don't want everyone to make fun of my pasty legs," he grumbles. He gives me a shy little look through his lashes and I smile around my cup.

"I love your little ghost legs," I tell him with a wink and he rolls his eyes. "Besides, let me hear them say something. I'll give them a purple nurple."

I lift my fingers and pinch my fingers in the air between us as if I'm tweaking imaginary nipples aggressively and Eddie laughs.

"You'd even give the girls a nipple twister?" He asks skeptically and I shake my head.

"Nah, can't give you the satisfaction," I say, sticking my tongue out at him and he laughs again. "I'll just have to think of something creative for Max and Robin because, let's be honest; they are the only ones who would say anything."

Eddie nods at that. He has finished his doughnut and a small amount of chocolate has stained the corner of his mouth. I grin softly and get up. I lean over the table and reach for him. I collect the chocolate on my thumb. The entire time, his eyes are on mine. I plop back down in my chair and stick my chocolate covered thumb into my mouth, licking it clean. Eddie flushes slightly and I smirk around my finger, knowing exactly where his mind has gone.

"Seriously, Eds," I say. "I don't want you to die of heat stroke. Could you wear the shorts for me?"

I bat my eyes and lay it on thick, pulling my most doe faced expression. Eddie blinks a few times as though he is lost in thought before he gulps once and then nods. He gets up to move to his bedroom, but when he passes, he ducks to kiss me once, a hot and tantalizing kiss before leaving me aflame at the table.