Chapter Thirteen

Start bij het begin

"Listen I got homework to do, you need to go Joe....."

"I know you showed up earlier, and Remi told me you came to talk, so what's up. I'm here talk."

It hurt to look at him and I know I should tell him, but I can. Then it must have clicked to Holly, and she gasped and grabbed my arm.

"Will you two excuse us for a second I need to talk to Ryder right now. She dragged me in the bathroom slamming the door.

"It's him, isn't it?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm not stupid Ryder, that's the Joe that was calling and texting you. He is the one who left before you came to school, and he is this baby's father isn't it."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I don't care, answer me, is he this baby's father or not?"

"Fine it's his...."

suddenly there was a tap on the door. 

"Um Ry Ry are you coming out?"

I looked up at Holly and she glared at me, I knew I wasn't going to win between the three of them. 

"I'll be out in a second ......"

"I can't even believe you never told me about this."

"I didn't tell anyone besides Remi."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know but I have to go out there before Joey comes in here."

I took a deep breath and steadied my nerves and open the door. There he was sitting on my bed fumbling with the purple bear he won me when were 14 sitting on my bed, Donnie nowhere to be seen. 

"Joey....."

"Ry Ry...."

"Where Donnie go?"

"He called Paul to pick him up, left so we can talk."

"I don't know why?"

"We need to talk..."

"There is nothing to talk about Joey, don't make this awkward."

"You're making this awkward Ryder, not me. We both are grown ass people, we fucked and then you ghosted me."

"I didn't ghost you, there nothing to say Joey."

"Bullshit! You been my best friend my entire life, yes, I didn't plan on what happened between us but now instead of sticking around in the morning so we can talk you dipped out and then blocked me, that is fucked up Ryder. Why did you run away and to make matters even worse you blocked my number. We used to tell each other every damn thing and after a fucking year of not seeing you are talking to you, I just expected it to go back to normal. You showed up to my house and then I get told you sped out. I shouldn't have to fucking hunt you down Ryder."

"I couldn't just stick around after that."

"Why the hell not, its not like we did something wrong."

My heart began to beat harder, and the words got stuck in my throat.

"I didn't say it was wrong, it just shouldn't have happened, were friend's friends don't fuck each other."

"I'm not going to apologize for it Ryder. We both wanted it, I know you wanted it and you can't tell me you didn't."

I found myself sitting next to him on the bed. His hand reached up and brushed a piece of hair that fell in from of my face and his hand grazed my cheek. It shot a jolt of heat through my body.