🖤Face the Future💚

Começar do início

She definitely wasn't going to miss this place, especially not the festivals. People always made a big deal out of them, but she never saw the appeal. So what there were exciting rides, fun games, and a wide selection of international cuisine? Reiko's Annual end-of-year farewell festival was the same every year, so there wasn't much to miss. Plus, her favourite manga always released new volumes at this time. She much preferred their company to that of over-fried foods and stuffy spaces.

When she left the building, Izuku was waiting outside.

Over the last months as they trained and studied together, they developed a habit of going with one another to and from school.

He was scribbling in his 'Hero Analysis for the Future' book.

"I'm sorry I took so long. Shall we go?"

"..."

"Izuku?"

"Huh? Oh, Yuki-chan, you're back!"

"Yeah, sorry I took so long." She peeked over his shoulder. "What are you writing?"

Izuku showed her his book.

"There was a boy who came out before you did. He was playing with his quirk... At least I think it was his quirk. It was hard to tell."

She narrowed her eyes, trying to understand the green-haired boy's drawing. "Oh? Why's that?"

"He had a top hat on. I thought he was a magician but then I saw his uniform. Then he pulled a pigeon out of his mouth..." Izuku became pensive. "Then when it flew away, it turned into a... dove... in mid-air. Could it be he has some sort of transmorphing quirk? If so, does it only work on animals...?"

Miyuki sweatdropped when Izuku began mumbling to himself.

What... What is he saying...? His aura suddenly changed just now...?

"I-Izuku..."

"- Does that sound familiar, by any chance?"

"Uh..." She missed most of what he said so she tried to focus on the parts she did hear. "A-A guy with a top hat... who pulled a pigeon out of his mouth..." She scratched her cheek. She'd never heard nor seen a quirk like that at Reiko or anywhere else before. "What did he look like?"

"I don't know. The hat was pretty big." He attempted to demonstrate with his hands.

"I'm sorry. Nothing comes to mind."

The green-haired boy hummed as he tried to make sense of it. It was probably a guy just practicing a magic trick or something...

Izuku turned to ask his friend about magic-related quirks (if there was such a thing) when he noticed a colourful flyer sticking out of her bag.

"What's that?"

Miyuki pulled out the paper he was pointing at and unfurled it. It was a flyer to Reiko's farewell festival.

How did that get there?

She definitely doesn't remember packing it...

"It's just a flyer for the school's festival." She said nonchalantly, looking for the nearest bin. "Someone must have slipped it into my bag when I wasn't looking..."

Izuku noted her quiet tone.

"Are you... not going, Yuki-chan?"

She looked at him then looked away shyly as if she'd been caught red-handed.

"U-Um... no, I'm not."

"What?! Why not?"

"It's not a big deal. I-It's just a farewell festival. The school holds one every year, so..." Miyuki sighed, looking at the colourful banner. "Besides, I..." never have anyone to go with. "It's no big deal."