Chapter 43

"Andrea are you sure staying in a hotel is the best choice now?" Alessandro said as they discussed strategies. Andrea's head snapped up to his concerned face.

"What?"

"I mean now that Sofia knows where you are and she's already done something do you really think it's safe for you to be here?" Andrea furrowed her eyebrows as she hadn't really had a moment to think about it.

"I agree with him. I don't think you and your men are safe here." Luca said much to his dislike. He didn't want to agree with alessandro on anything but Andrea's safety was an exception.

Andrea stood up to her full height crossing her arms over her chest as she thought over their words. "So what are you suggesting I do?" She asked them as she tilted her head scrunching her nose up slightly.

"We're stronger in numbers. I think we should all stay in a safehouse, Luca included" Alessandro said making Luca snap his head up at him. Andrea's eyebrows lifted in surprise as she stared at Alessandro in shock.

"You think we should all live together?"

"Just until everything clears up." Andrea ran her tongue over her lips as she began to walk around slowly. She couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"What makes you think I would ever live under the same roof as you again Mr Romano?" She said venom laced into her words.

Alessandro flinched back slightly before he straightened up. "Its For our own safety. I know I hurt you Andrea but we should put that aside for the moment and focus on keeping our men safe." He said but his voice was filled with hurt. He deserved to hurt. Andrea looked away in thought.

He was right. Being together and having their men under the same roof would be the safest they could possibly be. But was it worth it? But was she being selfish by keeping her men here knowing it wasn't safe?

Andrea let out a sigh before turning back to the two men. "Which safe house?"

"We'd use all three obviously we can't keep all of our men under one."

Andrea weighed her pros and cons. She had faked her death to escape the Romano brothers and now she was walking right back into their clutch. But she was also keeping her people safe. She didn't get to say no because it would put her people in trouble. That wasn't what a leader does. That isn't what a leader does. With a heavy sigh Andrea leaned on her arms against the table. She looked down letting her hair fall over her face creating a sort of curtain.

"I'm being civil with you to keep my men alive." She started looking back up at Alessandro "I don't want you to mistake that for my forgiveness. We shall all stay in the safe house. But I want you to know I'm not coming happily."

"Okay," he said but Andrea noticed the hope in his eyes. She only ignored it looking away. She didn't want him to have hope because it would only be crushed.

Luca didn't know how to feel. He would have to bring his brother with him but he wasn't sure how his brother would react around strangers. He was only just starting to get comfortable around Luca. Especially with what had happened last year.

"When do we move in?" Luca asked looking at Alessandro.

"As soon as we can." Was all he said.

"Yeah duh but we need a time," he said narrowing his eyes at Alessandro.

"Well do I look like I have a specific time? Such an asshole," Alessandro said with an eyeroll.

"You're one to talk! Take a fucking look in the mirror."

"Watch yourself Luca."

"Or what? What are you gonna do? Lock me in my room?" He said as they slowly got closer and closer to one another.