Chapter 12

Keep an eye out for Luca, I'm closer than you think....

The words repeated themselves in my head over and over again. Whoever this was, was targeting Luca. I couldn't let them do anything else to him.

He was already in a coma because of me, I couldn't let them do anything else.

It had been two weeks and I knew it was about time I left the hospital. I hadn't left Lucas side once. I had him moved to a private VIP medical suite with a bathroom and a small living room not to mention a second bed.

Sofia would bring me food to last at least two days. I hadn't even stepped foot out of the room once since Luca had been moved into it.

I couldn't risk it. Whoever had wrote that letter was waiting to strike and I would be here when they did. But I knew I had something to do. I had to leave. Just for a while.

I had hired three bodyguards. One by the door and two stationed in the room.

No one was allowed in except two nurses and a doctor whom the guards had been given pictures of.

He would be safe. He had to be safe.

I took one last look at him before letting out a shaky breath and stepping outside of the room for the first time in two weeks.

I met Sofia by the entrance of the hospital, she gave me a sad smile and I hopped into her car heading towards the one place I had dreaded returning to.

"What are you gonna say to him?" Sofia asked killing the silence that had hung in the air.

"That someone's threatening Lucas life and I need his protection." I said going over the lines over and over again in my head.

"You think he'll help you?" Sofia asked worry laced into her words.

"Fuck I don't know Sof," I said letting out a puff of breath. "He hasn't spoken to me since that night," I said as sadness encased my heart. I had built my walls up high. I would never let anything in or out. But when it came to Sof and Luca they came tumbling down. I felt so free with them that I would say anything without ever thinking it through.

"I'm sure he'll help if he believes your life is on the line," she said reassuringly but she didn't even believe it herself. I let out a small light scoff knowing I could be dangling off the edge of a bridge and Alessandro would simply walk the other way.

But he had to help because it wasn't my life I was asking him to save it was Lucas. Alessandro wasn't going to let an innocent man die because he held a grudge against me. He wasn't that bad of a person.

He couldn't be. Because when it came down to my brothers I know he would give his life to save them. It was just.. me that he had a problem with. It was always just me.

And god sometimes I would be so mad. How could he believe that a 5 year old who didn't even know what a gun was could shoot her own father?

But then I would realise that it was my fault. I may not have pulled that trigger but I was the reason he wasn't here anymore.

I didn't shoot him but I had killed him. I killed him and that would follow me until the day I died.

So I couldn't let Luca die too. I can't take that. So it not gonna happen. I won't let it happen.

"Sia, we're here," Sofia said pulling me out of my thoughts. I snapped my head up at the large brick building Infront of me. I took a deep breath before stepping out of the car and limping up to the house.

I greeted the guards on my way up. Each one scowled at me as they had also believed I had killed their don. I simply shook my head and made my way to the doors. I rested my hand on the knob taking a deep breath before pushing it open. It was never locked because Rocco always lost his key on his drunken adventures which happened almost every other night.