Chapter 10

THIRD PERSON POV

Alessia woke up to a high pitched beep which made her want to rip her ears out of her head.

She warily looked around quickly realising she was in a hospital room. She scrunched her face up closing her eyes tight as pain flowed through her veins making her want to sob.

Then everything came back and panic filled her up to the brim.

She began trying to get up when a nurse came in shock written all over her face.

She quickly ran out and not long after she came back with a doctor and another nurse.

"Lay back down miss Romano," he started trying to push the panicked girl back down.

"Where is he? Is he okay the one I came with is he okay?" She asked frantically but they didn't say anything. They only kept trying to push her back down.

"Please just tell me if he's alive, is he okay please tell me!" She started yelling as they ignored her further.

"He's fine please calm down," a nurse said coming over to her other side running a hand through her hair trying to calm the hysterical girl down.

"What room is he in I need to see him please just let me see him,"

"Miss Romano you've been unconscious for two-"

"I don't fucking care! Where is he is he ok?" When no one said anything she began to feel anger glow through her veins.

"You know who I am and you know who my brother's are so if you don't let me go see him right now I swear to god Tomorrow you'll wake up without a job." She was lying straight through her teeth. She wasn't going to touch his job. But she was desperate. She needed to make sure. She needed to see for herself.

The doctor looked conflicted for a moment before letting out a puff of breath.

"He's in room 403," he said gesturing to the nurses to let Alessia go.

She jumped into action almost immediately taking out the needle stuck in her wrist. She sat up but took a minute before standing up.

She stumbled forward as pain seeped through her body like ink through a page.

She clutched onto the wall as she shakily limped towards Luca's room.

395

396

397

398

399

400

401

402

403

Alessia paused in front of his door scared of what she would discover on the other side.

She took a deep breath resting her hand on the door handle trying to push her pain aside.

That didn't matter at that moment. Not to her anyways.

Finally mustering up the courage she twisted the handle and opened the door.

The air was knocked out of her lungs. Luca looked dead. The only indication of his being alive was the steady beep of the machine next to him. A noise that she had once found annoyingly angering was now her only sense of comfort.

She finally remembered her feet could work and stepped into the room taking a seat next to Luca in the uncomfortable hospital chair.

At that same moment the phone began to ring as Alessandro signed a couple of documents.

He picked it up with a scowl as he hated being interrupted.

"Hello is this Alessandro Romano?" The soft voice asked.

"Yes this is him." Alessandro said his voice cold and curt contrastingly harsh compared to the sweet tone of the nurse.

"Yes this is Westbound County Hospital and we are calling on behalf of your sister Alessia Romano," the nurse said.

Alessandro's blood ran cold. "What happened?" He asked almost immediately.

"She was involved in a car accident, her and another young man," the nurse said.

"Is she okay?" Alessandro asked as his heart rate began to increase.

"She's alright but-" the nurse was cut off by Alessandro.

"That's fine then," he said curtly before hanging up. The nurse sat stunned at the conversation she had just been apart of.

Just then the doctor walked into Lucas room only to find Sia clutching Lucas hand tight as her eyes were closed tight.

"He hit his head," the doctor started, "he also lost alot of blood and it seems as though his body has entered a comatose state, he may wake up tomorrow, next week or next year, it's still uncertain,"

Alessia let out a small sob.

"I-is there a chance he," she paused as her voice broke, "that he won't wake up?" She asked.

"I'm sorry," the doctor said making Alessia let out another sob.

Her grip on Lucas hand tightened. She was terrified.

"This was left for you," the doctor said handing her a small envelope. Alessia took it with a shaky hand and the doctor quickly excused her so she was alone with Luca.

Alessia eyed it suspiciously before shakily opening it.

The air had been knocked out of her lungs as her eyes widened slightly.

What the fuck?

Don't be a silent reader xoxo