Chapter 17

I woke up to Liam waving something under my nose letting out a groan as I was met with a thundering headache.

"Welcome back," Liam said with a massive smile on his face.

I sat up slowly with the help of Liam as he helped me lean back onto the wall.

"Sia," he started looking at me with nothing but wonder and pride in his face.

"Where's Leo is he ok?" I asked rubbing my ribs slightly.

"He's fine, angry and embarrassed but fine," he said making me relax a little.

"I've checked you over and you're okay nothing serious just some bad bruising. You should be ok." He said as I nodded.

"How much did I make from this fight," I asked. Liam beamed at me as his eyes almost lit up.

"You made 985 thousand and made me 495 thousand," my eyes widened.

"H-how?!"

"Over 8000 people all over Italy bet on this fight and every single one of them bet on Leo except me." Gee thanks for the support guys.

"So that means I've got-"

"It's already in your account he said handing me my phone from the bench where I had left it.

I quickly opened up my bank app and typed in my password.

Shock encompassed me as I stared at the digits in my account.

1.4 million.

"1.4-" I said cutting myself off putting my hands over my mouth.

"Liam I'm- oh my god," I said not able to comprehend the numbers that floated around my mind. He laughed before standing up to his full height.

"You really are my lucky star," he smiled down at me with so much adoration it made my heart hurt.

Liam knew all about my father and my brothers. He was so angry he was prepared to go marching up to my brothers front door and beat up every single one of them but I stopped him.

I hadn't told him they were part of the mafia though. It wasn't really something I thought he had to know. Not to mention he'd probably run away scared.

For almost ten years I hadn't known the joy of the pride from your father. Or the look of love from your family. But Liam gave me that. He made me feel that.

"You did good kid," he smiled at me.

"Now come on let me take you to Luca's house he told me you'd be heading there after your fight." He said patting his pockets looking for his keys.

I nodded before shakily standing up with a small grunt.

"Here let me help you," Liam said putting my arm over his shoulder letting me use him as a clutch.

"I'd carry you but I don't know if you'd be comfortable with that," he said after a few steps.

I just smiled at him as he helped me to his car.

Unlike Luca he owned a car that was a normal height so it was easy for me to slide in.

"Luca's gonna kill me for this one," Liam said with a slight laugh running his hand through his hair.

I chuckled lowly as a slow song started wafting out of the radio.

"I love this song," Liam said turning it up slightly. "How's school been? Did you pass that maths test you were crying about?" Liam asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I passed with 94%" I said with a smile as he beamed at me.

"I knew you could do it, I'm proud of you." He said with a soft look in his eyes making me feel warm inside.