Chapter 5

I let out a loud groan slamming my head into the table. Trigonometry is a bitch.

"How the fuck are you getting this?" I asked Luca who was already done with his work. He just laughed at me before leaning in to explain it to me.

"You get it now?"

"Yeah," no.

"So you don't, okay look it's simple," he explained it for the second time. "Now do you get it?"

"Ye- I'm not even gonna lie I'm more confused than before," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"How do you not get this you're just typing numbers into a calculator?" Luca said furrowing his eyebrows throwing his hands around as he spoke animatedly.

"You just suck at explaining things," I hissed getting agitated at the know it all Infront of me.

"I don't suck at anything you're just dumb," he said crossing his arms with a huff.

I glared at him and he glared right back.

"Sucker," I muttered under my breath turning back to my book.

"Dumb," he said copying me making me elbow him in the stomach.

Luca hunched over in pain while I completely ignored him concentrating fully on the work infront of me.

"You little shit," he muttered rubbing his stomach in pain.

The bell rang and I thanked God as I packed up my books.

Just before I left the class my teacher called me and asked me to stay behind.

I told Luca to meet me in the cafeteria while I spoke to the man.

As soon as Luca left I turned to him and he started talking.

"Alessia, your grades arent really up to par as to what they should be. I don't know if you'll be able to sit the final exam if you fail the next test coming." He said as anxiety slowly began to claw its way through me.

"So what do I do?" I said a slight tremor in my voice.

"Well I would recommend one on one tutoring, you can ask your guardian and the school can get you one or you can get your own."

"I'll get my own thanks," I said knowing Alessandro wouldn't even look at me let alone help me with my school.

The teacher nodded at me before dismissing me and I sulked all the way to the cafeteria.

"What happened?" Sofia said as soon as she saw me.

"Mr Romero doesn't think I'll be able to sit the final exam," I said flopping down next to her.

Luca looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Why not?"

"Math grades too low," I said resting my head on Sofia's shoulder whilst simultaneously stealing one of her chips.

"I can help you if you want," Luca said also stealing Sofia's chips making her glare at us.

I scoffed before rolling my eyes at him and trying to steal another one of Sofia's chips but she, very aggressively, slapped my hand away.

"Stop it you thieves," she said pulling it towards her chest to hide it from us.

My frown deepened as now I had to deal with my problems and I had no chips to steal.

Just then Amelie plopped down at our table with a large smile.

"Hey Sia what's wrong," she asked patronisingly, cocking her head slightly.