Chapter 25

The concept of time had fallen from my grasp. I had no clue if it was day or night but I was in no hurry to find out. I had been left completely alone for ages and I was slowly starting to lose it.

I paced around the room for the upteenth time before the door was slammed open. Sofia walked in with a smirk on her face. I so badly wanted to punch it away but I stood still in my place.

"You're brothers will be here soon," she started making me scoff.

"You and I both know they won't be coming," I said slipping down the wall siting down. I drew my knees up to my chest holding my stomach softly as hunger began to creep up on me.

"Oh no Sia, they're preparing their men as we speak." She said cockily stepping closer to me.

"How would you know that?" I asked cocking my head to the side.

"Oh Sia, I have eyes everywhere," she whispered. I rolled my eyes at her again before staring at the wall. My 'brothers' were coming. I didn't quite know what to think about that. Although I could be certain they weren't coming out of care but rather need. Other mafias would not react well at the news that the Italians hadn't saved their kidnapped sister. If they realised someone had gotten away with something as big as that they would try smaller things.

The Italian mafia would lose the image my father had created.

"You must be hungry," Sofia said bringing me out of my thoughts but I continued to ignore her. "I'll get a guard to bring you something to eat. You're going to need your strength." She said leaving me with my thoughts.

There was a part of me who was relieved my brother's were coming, but a bigger part didn't want to be rescued.

I was tired of living. I was living for Sofia, but now... Then I lived to save Luca, he was safe.

I had nothing left. I had nothing left but the empty shell of a family I once had. Death was not something I was afraid of but rather embraced it.

My time on earth had been nothing but pain. There was a time where I didn't know pain farther than grazing my knee. But that innocence had been stripped away from me. The world had never been on my side. I was never fortunate. I was rather the opposite.

I had lost over and over again. Never had I ever felt like I had won something. But did that make me ungrateful? In many eyes I was considered lucky. I lived in a mansion. I went to a private school. I was smart. I was considered pretty. My brother's made millions a month. I had a boy who I loved who loved me too. I had a man who saw me as his daughter.

But what was that worth?

That mansion was always empty. That private school made me miserable. My smartness brought about awareness. I could never embrace my looks as I was always to busy trying to keep myself going. My brother's hated me. I had lost the boy who loved me. I may never see that man again.

So what was it all worth?

Just then gunshots and shouts rang out from behind the door making me jump up before instantly regretting it as I clutched my stomach with a wince.

They had actually come.

The door was busted open and a perfectly calm Sofia waltzed in.

"It's time," she said grabbing me dragging me along with her. I tried to fight my way out of her grip but I was still weak. My stab wound hadn't been cleaned or stitched properly and had blood slowly oozing out of it. I had lost alot.

The gunshots got closer and closer as did the thundering footsteps of the Italian mafia. Sofia dragged me with her up a staircase but it was quickly cut off by multiple soldiers. Sofia stopped dead in her tracks and tried to go the other way but another group of soldiers cut her off.