epilogue

GREYSON

It's a few days later since the accident. I got her flowers, pink roses. Even though her favourite colour was blue, she had a thing for pink roses. She just loved them so much.

I smile at the thought of it.

I go up to the cashier and pay for them, then quickly rush out to the car.

I didn't take the motorcycle today. I didn't feel like it. Not with her with me, being by my side through the entire ride.

I even got her a motorcycle to get my mind off things because I thought when she wakes up, she'll have her own. Yes, when. Not if. Because she will.

All I can think about is that night. It's on my mind constantly, living rent free in my head.

"Leila." I whisper, feeling my eyes turn watery. She can't die on me, she just can't.

She chokes, holding her hand over the possible wound that's now sitting on her body. On her stomach, actually.

"I'm- I'm.." She chokes a second time, blood running down her fingers. Don't tell me-

"I'm shot."

My heart turned black in that exact moment. I felt numb, seeing her slowly fall to the floor but I caught her. At least I caught her.

But then I was dragged away from her, not being allowed to see her. Not even fucking see her.

I mean, I'm one of the people that stands the closest to Leila in our house. Why wouldn't they let me see her? Just one last time?

I don't know.

Maybe they thought it would be good for me, not seeing her laying lifeless on a table, being all sowed up.

But it hurts. It fucking hurts. More than anything.

My heart belonged to her. It still does. My heart is hers. My body is hers. I'm hers. Only hers.

I will not let anyone fucking lay a finger on me. Leila is — was — the only one allowed to do that because she is — was — simply perfect. Perfect for me.

Not even realising it, I'm home. I park the car in the garage, seeing my motorcycle standing there, untouched.

But also hers. Her own.

My lips curve up but I don't feel happy. Not in the slightest.

I think for a little in the car seat before stepping out. I close the door and lock the car, even though basically no one can get through the garage because of the security system we've installed.

I open the door connected to the house and walk in, quickly closing the door again. As I enter the living room, I see all the girls sitting there.

Except for my girl. My woman.

They don't notice me, which I'm glad for because I don't wanna talk to someone right now. I'm not in the mood for speaking.

But when I enter the kitchen, all the guys are sitting there and all of them notice me but they don't say anything. I just look at them as I continue to walk forward, giving them a little nod and a sad smile.

They all return it and go back to talking except Luca. He smiles a little extra long before turning his head again, which leaves me confused.

I walk through the hallway until I'm standing in front of her door, feeling my heart ache because I really do not wanna go in. I know it'll hurt too much.

But before I know it, I can hear her voice.

Leila's voice.

My brows furrow and I open the door within a heartbeat. And there she is, sitting on the floor and petting Willow.