chapter nineteen - twisted

LEILA

"WHA-" I shush her as soon as I heard her voice getting louder.

"Can you be a little quieter, please?" I hiss, making her bring her hand up to her face to shut herself up.

"Sorry, I'm just a little bit excited." Mila says, smiling like an idiot, "When? How? Where?"

"Mila, he's your brother." I state and she just gives me this bored look. I mean, if Luca and Mila would, you know, I wouldn't wanna hear how "good" my brother was. Or is.

It's just like, ew. No, don't tell me that! Yuck.

"Um, in his office." I finally answer, covering my face with my hands to hide the embarrassment. I can already feel how red my face is.

I look up moments after and her mouth just parts, then curving up into a small smile.

"Shut. Up." She breathes out, laughing a little, "Your first time and you did it on a fucking desk?"

"I- Um, yes." I swallow, getting a little bored with this whole fucking conversation. Hell, I don't wanna talk about this any longer.

"Can we just talk about something else? I'm still in shock myself, alright?"

"As you wish." She's still laughing, laying down in my bed, "I'm just glad you didn't do it in your bed because if you did, I wouldn't be laying here right now."

I giggle at her, continuing to read my book until I have something else to talk about.

And one thing immediately pops up in my head.

"I love you."

I look up again, closing my book and watch Mila as she looks at her phone.

Once she notices me, she puts her phone down and sits up again, looking a little curious.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I just have one question." I state, seeing her nod a little before I resume, "How often do Greyson tell people he loves them?"

"Not often. He always thinks about people he love, he just doesn't say it as much. Why?"

"He told me he loves me this morning." I confess and her face immediately lights up with happiness. I think.

"WHA-"

"Would you keep your voice down?" This time, I cover her mouth myself with my hand.

She yanks my hand off and just stares at me with pure shock, "Are you serious right now?!"

"Yes."

"Oh, my god! I'm so happy for you." She says, pulling me in for a hug.

"I knew it all from the start." She whispers into my ear, then pulling back to look me in the eyes.

"I'm so happy right now, you really don't understand!" She squeals, happily dancing for me and her brother.

"You're almost happier than me right now." I laugh and she nods, smiling.

God, hers and Greyson's smile are identical. Both are beautiful and both gives me so much joy.

They're pretty similar to their mother's smile, too. I've seen pictures of her and good lord, Mila is like a mini model of her.