chapter four - same situations

GREYSON

When we come home, I think about what actually happened between Luca, Leila and their parents. Because I don't know the reasons.

I know Luca moved out at young age, don't know the reason though.

When I ask about it, he always says it is personal reasons.

But I haven't asked what happened with Leila. I will not ask her though, but maybe Luca.

So that's what I'm doing right now.

"Hey, Luca. What really happened between Leila and your parents?"

"It's not so different from your story." He simply says, still scrolling through his phone.

"What? Both of you?"

"No, just her." He turns off his phone, looking at me, "And I just left her, alone with mom."

"Dad didn't do anything to us, he just stopped caring about us. It was all mom, and she just took out all her anger on Leila and just Leila."

"I still hate myself for leaving her but I couldn't even take care of myself, so how could I take care of her, too?" His voice goes low in the last sentence.

"Hey, Luca. Both of you turned out just fine, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but I left her alone with mom. Mom made her body all bruised and bloody, while I was living my best life here. I didn't even visit her. Once." I can see he's fighting the urge to cry, but he fails.

I walk around the counter and places my arm around his shoulder, but he gives me a hug instead.

I'm not a big hugger but I could tell he needed this so I hugged him back.

"She's here and she's fine." I look up and right that second, she comes into the room. Her smile was as bright as the sun but that drops and turns into a concerned expression.

"What happened?" She quickly walks up to her brother and takes his face in her hands, wiping his tears with her thumbs.

"I'm sorry, Leila. I'm so sorry I left you alone with her." He breathes out, another tear running down his face.

"No, no, no. It's okay." She says as she hugs her brother, his hands going around her torso.

"You don't have to be sorry." I hear her mumble to him and I just stand there, adoring their relationship.

"It's okay, it's okay." She whispers as she pulls his head away from her, looking him right in the eyes.

"You did what you had to do, okay?" He nods at her sentence, hugging her again.

"What made you think about this, anyway?" She asks as they pull away.

He only looks my way and I drop my head to my feet.

"Luca, excuse me. Greyson, come with me." She says. I lean off the counter, walking around Luca to follow her.

"Be careful." I hear him whisper. I turn my head and bring my hand up, showing my thumbs up.

We reach her room and she stands beside the door, letting me in first.

"Ladies first." She says as I enter her room. She closes the door behind her and she stands before me, quite close, too.

"Why would you bring that up?" She questions, her blue eyes piercing through my brown ones.

"I never really got a reason so I wanted to know."

"Why did you want to know?"

"Imagine your friend coming up to you like this, 'Hey, my sister needs to get away from our parents. Can you help me with that?', wouldn't you wonder, too?" I tilt my head down a little, watching her small figure.