chapter twenty nine - exception

GREYSON

It didn't feel right to sleep alone. I don't like it when Leila's mad at me. I feel like I can think straight when she's mad at me.

My mood has been shit, too.

"What did you even do?" Everyone except the girls are at the table, eating breakfast.

"Being a dick." I answer, sighing, "I just snapped."

"Just give her time. She can handle a lot but she can have a short temper after everything that has happened." Luca explains, looking down at his plate.

"Do you still have contact with your mother?" Silas asks and Luca looks up, he looks distant. He's not but he is at the same time.

"No, I don't." He says, letting go of the fork, making it land on the plate with a sound, "I basically told her to fuck off at that one event."

"She says that she's changed but she hasn't one bit. If she changed, she would leave Leila alone. She would leave us alone because the things she did is unforgivable. The things she did to Leila, it was awful." He takes a deep breath, "Every time I would check on her, she had new bruises on every part of her body."

Everyone stays quiet, not knowing exactly to say. But after a few minutes, Silas speaks up, "No one should ever see that happen to their loved ones. Especially if they're made by another loved one."

That actually makes great sense.

No one should ever see their sister being beaten up by their mother. It's horrible.

Speaking of these things, my heart would always break into small pieces when I heard what my father did to Mila.

I had a father, but not a dad.

I would always hear her heartbreaking screams for help. I didn't know what to do because if I did something, I knew what he would do to me.

Fuck my shit up.

I couldn't stand it anymore so I did the same as Luca. I ran the fuck away.

We both basically ran away from our fathers. Luca's father was controlling over him. My father was abusive.

Both of Luca's parents are bad people.

My father is a bad person.

My mom was lovely, though. She would always make me and Mila feel better after our father did something. I don't know why she didn't divorce.

She stayed when she shouldn't have.

"It's fucked up." Elliot mumbles, his forearms laying on the table.

All of our heads turn when we hear someone enter the kitchen. She looks tired.

"Did I interrupt something?" Leila's voice pierce through my head. God, I missed it and it hasn't even need a day since I last heard it.

"No, you didn't." Luca says, standing up from the chair and starts walking down the hallway, where Leila's currently standing.

"Luca, has something-"

"Just forget it, Leila." He says, making me furrow my eyebrows. Did he not just hear my story about having an attitude towards her? Did he not learn that he shouldn't have one towards her, too, then?

"God, I don't know what I did towards everyone in this fucking house for them to have a fucking attitude towards me." She mumbles, making everyone's eyes go wide.

"What did you fuckers say to him?" She asks, her eyes meeting mine for three seconds and her look immediately turns into a glare.

Fuck.