chapter fifteen - strawberries

LEILA

I open Luca's door, not caring about what he's up to.

"Hello to you, too." He pauses the movie that's he's watching to look at me.

I close the door and take a deep breath, "Luca, you have to tell me."

"Tell you what?" He's playing stupid.

"Stop. You know what."

"You don't want to hear what I have to say." He states, looking at the TV again.

"Please." I stumble over to his bed to take a seat, my leg eventually giving up on me.

"Leila."

"Luca, please." He sighs and opens his mouth again.

"He didn't even try to go look for you. He just stood up, began to walk around the place to find his phone or something, I don't really remember. My arm was hurting like hell and that was distracting me. All I could think about was you and where you were." He takes a deep breath before continuing.

"All of us was laying pretty near each other but you basically disappeared without a trace. Then, they cars came and I was forced to go with." He finishes, having eye contact with me again.

Wow.

Just wow.

"What?"

"I don't know if Greyson sees this entire situation differently but that was all I saw."

"Oh." I don't know what to say.

Does Greyson even like me?

Wouldn't he be looking for me?

Or am I just that bad?

I'm thankful for the people that found me, though. Lilith is a lovely girl. I met her friend, Haven, too. Silas is also very nice. I could tell Lilith is his sister 'cause they look very alike each other.

"Leila?"

"Hm?" I look up to see my brother's eyes bore into mine.

"You got quiet. What are you thinking of?"

"Nothing, nothing." I say, my words low and quiet.

"You should talk to him." Luca tries, just making me look down again.

"I don't wanna talk to him."

"You should. I get that you're probably hurt and angry, but keeping that inside of you isn't healthy." His words are soft and calm. I can tell that he's worried about me.

"Why do you care so much?" I suddenly ask.

"Because I don't want to lose either of you. If he shatters your heart into a million pieces, I will fuck him up but he helped me, too."

Similar situations.

I tilt my head up to look at him again, my lips in a straight line.

"Just talk to him when you're ready, okay?" He takes my hand in his, "And you always have me if something is wrong."

He smiles and stands up, gives me a kiss on the top of my head and leaves me alone in my room.

Greyson said I could be mad, but he doesn't know what for.

Is he faking it? Does he remember and he just pretends he doesn't?

I've got to know.

Like now.

- - -

GREYSON

I'm currently sitting on one of the sunbeds by the pool, leaning forward so my elbows are resting on my knees and my face resting in my hands, thinking about what the fuck I did.