chapter six - amor

LEILA

It's been 2 days since Mila got here and she's very nice, plus we have some things in common.

One, we both like to read. Two, she loves Harry Potter just as much as I do and three, she's not awkward.

She became a sister to me just over two fucking days. We clicked instantly.

"Do you like Greyson? He can be a little to much sometimes, just so you know." She asks as she takes a bite of her fries, following taking a sip of her milkshake.

"Meh, he's alright." I answer her question and she looks at me with this mischievous look.

"What?" I furrow my brows at her face.

"Not that it's going to mean anything, but you would make a good couple, to be honest." Excuse me, what?

"What?" I widen my eyes at her, "No. No, no, no."

"Come on, he's not that bad." She protests and I widen my eyes more at her.

"He's not that bad? One, he kidnapped me. Two, he injected me with something to make me fall asleep and three, he acts all clueless about it. So if you ask me, he's still a meh to me." I take a deep breath after rambling on, then looking back up at her.

"He did what?"

"I think you heard what I just said." I lean back in the couch, sighing.

"Okay, I didn't expect him to turn out like a fucking pyschopath." She says, putting down her fries on the table.

"He did call me amor, are you guys like Spanish or something?"

"Italian." She corrects and I sit straight up.

"Can you say something in Italian?" I question and she sits straight up, too.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Whatever you want." I smile and she looks up, exhaling but then lighting up, like she has something on her mind.

"Sei bellissima."

"Oh, what does that mean?" It sounded like she said something was delicious.

"It means, 'You're very beautiful'." She smiles and I can feel my cheeks heat up a little, blushing a little from the compliment.

"No one but my brother has called me that before." I admit, looking at her. The smile she had before has now dropped, her face looking like she feels bad for me.

"Oh, not even your parents?"

"No."

"I'm sorry for what happened to you." She says after a while, hoping closer to take my hand in hers.

"My dad told me I deserved it."

"No, no, no, you don't." She states, her eyes looking directly into mine.

"I kinda agreed with him." I didn't even notice the tear that travels down my cheek, dropping onto my jeans.

"You don't deserve it. No one deserves that."

"He told me that my mother just loved me in another way than he did." She doesn't say anything, just pulling me into her embrace.

"I will not let them come near you ever again, do you understand me?" I nod against her shoulder, tears running down my eyes.

"Good." She pulls away, wiping away my tears, "Do you wanna watch a movie?" She smiles slightly as I nod.

"Okay, pick one."