chapter two - brother

LEILA

I wake up to the sound of the birds, chattering. I rub my eyes, sitting up slightly in my bed.

God, I slept like a baby.

I open my eyes, the sun hitting right in my face as I look out the window. I can get used to be living here.

Greyson is kinda a bitch, though. Not even gonna lie.

I stand up from the bed, making my way over to the closet to pick out something to wear.

After some minutes of looking, I find a pair of light blue jeans and a basic black hoodie. I put on some Nike socks and I'm ready to go.

I open my door and someone is literally standing on the other side of the door, making me nearly have a heart attack.

"Oh, god!" I breathe out, "Can't you be a little more surprising?"

I look up to see my brother's eyes and my own lit up in a second, "Luca!"

"Hey!" I basically jump into his arms. I haven't seen him since December and it's June now.

"When did you come back?" I question, pulling away from him.

"Last night, when you were sleeping."

"Just so you know, your friend's a bitch."

"Oh, so I am a bitch now?" Greyson's voice come up behind him, looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Yes. Yes, you are." I narrow my eyes at him, my arms crossed over my chest.

"Yeah, I know." Luca whispers, a little smile making its way onto his face.

"Hey!" Greyson slaps his arm and Luca just jumps to the side.

"What? It's true." He defends himself from getting any further punches and I just laugh at him.

Literally in a mafia but is scared of the leader. Shouldn't they be like best friends or something?

"Can I come out? I'm hungry." I say, placing a hand on my stomach.

"Yeah, man. We're hungry, make us some food." Luca takes ahold of my shoulders as he speaks, making Greyson frown at his words.

"Cook the food yourself, asshole. I'm not your fucking slave." He states, crossing his arms over his chest as he leans on the wall.

"Well, you're the only one in this house who can cook, so." Luca responds.

"You can't cook? You're 22 years old!" I exclaim, turning my head to look at my brother.

"I can cook, it's just that Greyson makes the most delicious food. Am I right, buddy?" Luca tilts his head down as he points to Greyson, who just rolls his eyes at us.

"Don't call me buddy." He glares at Luca before turning around and walking down to the kitchen, probably to make us food.

"It always works." Luca whispers before following him, walking ahead of me.

Luca's two years older than me, but he has always been my closest friend. Like my best friend of all time.

When I was little, I had trouble getting friends. I still do but I like being alone with my thoughts and with my books.

Yes, my books.

I love to read. I read most of the time. But I don't have any books here so that sucks. I just have my phone and.. yeah, that's it.

"So what are you gonna make?" Luca leans over the counter, his eyes lingering over the ingredients.

"Mind your own business." Greyson mutters, whisking something in a bowl.