chapter twenty six - ring

GREYSON

My neck hurts like hell. What time is it? The sunlight woke me up and I squint my eyes open, only to remember I'm in Leila's room, her body still laying calmly on my lap.

I just wanna know, is she sleeping or is she still passed out? Because if she's passed out, I might have to call an ambulance.

But when I'm about to grab my phone, her arm twitches a bit, making me breathe out in relief.

"Leila, can you hear me?" I question, not expecting an answer.

She does answer me, which makes me so happy but her first words just make me laugh to death.

"Do we have any strawberries?" He tired voice asks.

"That's the first thing you say after being unconscious for 15 hours?" I state, being a little unsure of how long she has been unconscious for.

"Well, I'm craving them." She doesn't even question the unconscious part, she already knows what happened.

She doesn't like to talk about them, which I completely understand. It's not fun to talk about panic attacks where you especially pass out. It's not the funniest subject.

"I'll go get some for you."

- - -

Leila's been low all day. I understand and I'm not questioning her about it, she clearly doesn't wanna talk about it.

"Greyson, can you check if I have anything on my head? It's hurts on the back of it." She sits up from her laying position, putting her hair on one side of her scalp.

"You hit yourself on the bed frame when I found you." I say, placing my hand on her hair and dragging it across her shoulder, her hair now laying flat against her back so I can drag my fingers through it.

"How'd I look like?"

"When?"

"Yesterday." My heart drops. I really don't wanna say it.

"Leila, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." I say, thinking I'm pressuring her in some kind of way I'm not realising.

"No, I wanna know. This is not on you, I swear." She assures, looking at me with a tired expression.

"You wanna know my honest answer?"

She swallows, blinking a few times before answering, "Yes."

"Not alive." I say, still dragging my hair through her gorgeous, gold-looking hair.

She looks down and nods, laying down again. She puts her head on the middle of my chest, listening to my heartbeat.

"I really did not want to say that." I speak, my voice low and raspy.

"I know, but I'm thankful you did." She answers, snuggling closer to me.

"Are you mad at me?"

She lifts her head again, her brows furrowed, "What? Why would I be mad?"

"Because I said you looked dead."

"And what did you do after you thought I looked dead?"

"I lifted you up on the bed, cleaned your bed and your wound and held you the whole time until you woke up."

"Exactly. That shows how much you care, Greyson. That's also why I love you so much. You're perfect."

Hearing her say that really makes me melt. She thinks the same as I. I love her so much. I love her always and forever. I'll love her until death so us apart.