chapter twenty four - butterflies

LEILA

Greyson fell asleep on my chest and all I can really do is just admire him. My phone's on his desk and I have no books in here. And I don't wanna move because he'll wake up and he deserves to sleep.

Falling asleep crying is maybe not the best but I could see how tired he looked so I let him sleep on me.

It's okay.

I've just been dragging my hands through his hair, thinking about what he told me earlier.

What his father did. To Greyson and to Mila.

And let me tell you, I'll throw up if I ever see that man in my entire life.

How can you ever do that to kids? It's disgusting. You're supposed to love your kids, not use them.

Greyson, manipulated and abused.

Mila, sexually assaulted by her own father.

It's so gross, I don't even know what to do. Mila's never told me and I get why.

I know she doesn't want me to worry. But how can I not worry? Come on, she's my best friend.

She just puts layer on layer and when the layers are high enough, she'll snap. She'll be angry and sad, but not on the people around her but herself.

She'll be angry at herself when she hasn't done anything wrong.

None of this is Mila's fault. Nor is it Greyson's.

He thinks he looks weak when he shows his emotions. I've always just seen him smile, I don't think I've ever seen him so mad that he'll disappear for two days and then come back like nothing happened.

But it's okay to show emotion.

I think he has just learned from his father that it's weak to ever show the feelings in front of people. Greyson can be cold, but he can also be all smiley.

But he's never shown me the side he showed me earlier.

Of course I don't want to see more of that but he must know that it is okay to show me. I want to know everything about him. I want to see his every side.

His loving and caring one, his smiling and happy one. But also his angry and frustrated one, his crying and sad one.

I want to see it all.

I love him. I've never felt this about anyone before. Greyson makes life worth living. Mila makes life worth living. My brother, Luca makes makes life worth living.

Everyone in this house makes life worth living.

I want to do something special for the most special ones. Luca, Greyson and Mila. I want to do something special for them.

I want to do something to always remind me of them.

I want to get a tattoo for them.

To always have them with me. Because I love them all so much.

- - -

"Greyson?" I lower my head, placing my lips on his head.

"Mhm?" He mutters, clearly being newly awake.

"I'll just go do something real quick, I'll be back soon."

"Okay." He mumbles, rolling off of me and not having a care in the world of what I'm about to do.

I hop of the bed and put his comforter over him, looking all cute.

"I love you." I kiss his cheek multiple times, seeing his lips curl up a little.