chapter twenty eight - golden

LEILA

On the way back, Greyson drove home. I didn't feel like driving so he said he got it. I'm just so tired.

Not of Greyson. I could never be tired of him. Just everything that happened today. It's pretty exhausting to have a twentieth birthday.

We just got home and I'm so happy I get to be in my bed for the rest of the night.

Greyson parks the motorcycle in the garage and I'm still amazed by how many cars and motorcycles that's in here. I'm just so tired I'm not even shocked anymore.

"You look tired, my love." Greyson's arms slither around my waist, setting his chin on my shoulder.

"I am. Not of you, though." I say, blinking a few times to make the tiredness go away but it obviously doesn't work.

"Beh, sarà un problema." He speaks. I don't understand a word of what he just said but I don't give a reaction, just tiredly walk over to the door that connects the garage to the house.

I open the door, immediately hearing loud music coming from inside.

"What the actual fu-" I don't get to finish before Jacob comes stumbling, his eyes being everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

"Hey, lirthday-" He stops, thinking for a second, "Birthday girl. There, I gwot it."

Correction: got.

Greyson's grip on me tightens, making me look up at him. His jaw is clenched and he looks quite angry. Wasn't he happy like, five seconds ago?

"Who made you drink?" Greyson asks the obviously really intoxicated Jacob. He can't even stand straight.

"I- I fwound it myswelf."

Correction: found and myself.

"Where's Mila?" Greyson then asks, making Jacob shrug his shoulders. He's not drinking anything at the moment but he looks really, really drunk.

Greyson squeezes my hip, making me glance at him for a second time.

"I'll get this dude to bed and you go find Mila." He orders, he looks furious.

"Why do you look so mad?" I whisper, turning my whole body to him.

"Just go find Mila, I'll tell you later." He says, having an attitude towards me, too, apparently.

"No, tell me now-"

"Leila! Now." He whisper-shouts, making me back away from his grip. His face expression immediately changes when he sees my reaction.

"Leila, I didn't mean it like tha-"

"I'll just find Mila, that's what you wanted me to do, right?" I snap, starting to walk away but he catches my wrist in his hand.

"Amor-"

"Fuck off." I mutter, snatching my wrist back. I don't glance back at him, leaving him with the drunk dude that Mila calls boyfriend.

When I enter the living room, the music only gets louder. I find Brooks and Elliot holding Dom up, he looks pretty drunk as well.

Silas and Luca is talking with Haven and Hudson is just sitting in the sofa, drinking something while trying to watch something on the TV.