chapter twelve - poison

GREYSON

She doesn't hesitate so she slowly spins around, meeting my eyes again after a few seconds.

I want to tell her to do it again but I don't, my eyes plastered on her pretty face.

"Come on, buddy." God, I hate that nickname.

She just laughs at my expression, clearly enjoying this. Enjoying annoying me.

I pick up the sweats that I brought for her, holding them up so she can step her legs into them.

She does and when both of her legs are in, I slide the pants up so they cover the parts only I are allowed to see.

"Wasn't so hard, was it?" She teases, trying to break free from my hold on her hips.

"For you it wasn't." I say, making her smirk at me.

"Now, let me go."

"No."

"Greyson."

"Leila."

"Buddy." My hold just get tighter when she said that, her laugh being a little louder now.

"Come on, I was just teasing." She states, placing her hands on my own, "Let me go."

"Will you stop doing this?" I question, a confused look making its way onto her face.

"Do what?"

"Teasing."

"Maybe." She states, rubbing my hands lightly.

"Then you'll be stuck here forever." I retort, feeling comfortable holding her in my arms.

"I don't think so." She says before my right hand starts to hurt. I let her go immediately, looking down at my hand to see what she did.

There's a little mark, looking like she pressed her nail down in my hand. She pressed so hard so it started to bleed.

"What was that for?"

"There will be consequences if you don't listen to me." She states, looking into her mirror to probably inspect if she has a bruise or a cut on her face.

And there is a bruise on her left cheek.

She stares into the mirror for minutes, her mouth is shut and she loves to talk so I think it is a little strange. It's like she got lost in her own reflection, just staring into nothingness.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask, making her turn back her gaze to me.

"Nothing, nothing." She mutters, shaking her head back to the mirror, leaning her body onto the chair in front of her.

"She can't reach you here, Leila." I say, knowing exactly what she's thinking about and why she didn't look surprised by the big bruise on her cheek.

"How do you know that?" She snaps, her attitude changing in the matter of seconds and her body turning to face me.

"Because if she comes through my doors, I will not hesitate to throw her ass back out. If she tries to do anything ever, I will not hesitate to step in front of you and take the hits. I don't hit women, but if she lays a finger on you, I will not hesitate."

Her lips curve up into a slight little smile and she turns back to the mirror, looking at her gorgeous reflection.

I could stare at her all day long. She is so breathtakingly beautiful. Literally, I will stop breathing soon.

Sometimes, when she decides to be on her teasing side, I don't even know how to act around her. She makes me lose my ability to talk when she's near.

She has an affect on me and she knows it. But I know I have an affect on her, too, so it's fair.