chapter nine - uncomfortable

LEILA

It's dark out now. I've been looking at the stars for 20 minutes, I think. Just admiring them.

I like looking at the sky. It calms me in some kind of way when I'm stressed over something. Just like looking at the stars, they calm me, too. I don't know how though, they're just shining little things miles away from me.

"Leila, aren't you gonna sleep?" I look up to see Luca, his face looking a little concerned.

"I'm not tired."

"I know you aren't, but you need sleep to function properly." He retorts, taking a seat beside me in the sand.

"I just like looking at the stars."

"I know the situation when you look at the stars. Is something bothering you?" I look forward again, not wanting to have this conversation.

"No."

"Leila."

"I mean it."

"I'm your brother."

He always pulls that one, "Okay, fine. I think about Mila and how she had it, just a few days ago. I think about Greyson and how he had it before he moved out, and I don't know if there is anything else."

"You think about Greyson?"

"Luca, I'm serious."

"So am I." I look over at his, my eyes searching for his. When he looks at me, I give him a bored look.

"So I'm just gonna ask." Fuck, "Is there something between you and him?"

And I don't even bother denying it.

"I don't know."

"You don't know? Shouldn't you like, feel the the vibes or notice his signals?"

"He gives me mixed signals so it's not that simple." He nods, looking forward to the water.

"Is there something else? 'Cause you always look at the sky when you're stressed." How does he remember these little things?

"It feels like I'm always stressed in these times. I felt stressed when I met all the guys because all their eyes were on me. I feel stressed about those two." I point back at Mila and Greyson, Luca looking back to where my finger points, then looking back at me, nodding his head.

"I feel stressed when someone even look at me and this dude in the house, Ethan I think his name is-"

"What about him?" Luca interrupts me, giving me an intense look.

"He gives me these weird looks and vibes. He seems a little creepy, to be honest."

"Should I kick him out?" Luca suddenly asks, his brows raised.

"No, no." I wave my hands before him, "You can do that if he does something he shouldn't."

"Okay. Noted."

- - -

It's some days later and we're home, chilling in the living room when I feel like I need to pee.

"I'm gonna be right back." I say to Mila, who's sitting beside me, totally interested in the horror movie that's playing on the TV.

She slightly nods, setting her hand in the popcorn bowl, stuffing her mouth with them. Luca, who's sitting beside her also nods, clearly more interested in the movie than me.

I smile, standing up and starts to walk down the hallway towards the bathroom. I take turn where the bathroom is and right before I can make it to the bathroom, someone places their hand on my upper body, slightly pushing me into the wall. Harsh, but aslo quite gentle.