chapter eight - trying

GREYSON

Leila's already standing by the motorcycle when I come out. I'm also the last one out from the house so I lock the door before I walk to Leila.

"You wanna drive?" I question her. First she looks at me, then at the motorcycle, then back at me again.

"My dress will fly up." She states, taking ahold of the fabric of her stunning dress, by the way.

"I will hold it down." My lips curve up in a smirk and she just rolls her eyes, placing herself on the motorcycle and putting on her helmet.

I sit down behind her and set my hands on her upper thighs.

"You feel okay about this?" I mutter, bringing my head a closer to hers.

"Mhm." She mumbles back, starting the motorcycle.

"Don't drive like a maniac this time."

"I can't promise anything." And with that, she glides out of the driveway, driving behind Jacob and Mila.

I can see that Mila is finding her happiness here. With Leila. And I hope with Jacob, too. Very soon, I hope.

I can see the looks they give each other. I'm just thankful it's not Luca. I love the dude, don't get me wrong but he's just.. him, you know?

They're not the perfect match but Jacob and Mila totally is. But if Jacob does anything, I'll fucking kick his ass.

Luca will find his girl soon, I hope. The dude need some girl other than Leila in his life.

And he needs some girl to annoy because he only comes to me when he wants to be annoying. He's one of my closest friends, though.

He helped through times when I couldn't help myself. He's been with me all this time. I didn't turn out perfect, but I'm good enough.

We have a similar situation, so we could talk about it with each other. We understood each other in a different way.

I'm really close to Jacob, too. But he will never understand the situation as good as Luca does. I can tell Luca anything and he would not laugh in my face or judge me.

I look like I'm a stone cold psycho on the outside but I'm not on the inside. Well, I am a stone cold psycho when I want to be but I can be nice, too.

I think Leila has figured that out.

- - -

"Greyson, can you loosen your grip, please? It's starting to hurt a little." The motorcycle has stopped by a red light and Leila turns her head a little as she speaks.

I look down at my hands and the veins on them are more visible than usual, "Oh, sorry."

"It's okay." She turns her head back at the road and starts gassing up when the lights turns green.

We're driving for another 15 minutes until we're there. Leila parks the vehicle on the parking lot at the beach, turning it off.

I slide off, removing my hands from her thighs.

She hops off, too. She takes her helmet off and places it on the seat of the motorcycle, puffing up her hair after. I don't really know why she did that. Maybe fixing her hair? I don't know.

"Are you two coming?" Jacob catches our attention, looking between both of us.

Leila takes a deep breath before walking towards him. He holds out his hand for her to grab to help her down the rocks that is on the hill we're parked on, so she'll not gonna fall.