chapter twenty one - tattoo

LEILA

I comforted Jacob for probably 30 minutes before he asked me to have a little alone time.

I went straight to Greyson's room after. I've never wanted to be with him more than right now.

I quickly open his door and is about to slam it shut when I see him sleeping on his bed. Why does he look so hot right now?

I mean, he's sleeping, come on!

"Stop looking so goddamn hot." I whisper for myself, clearly thinking no one would hear me.

"Nah, I'm good." I jump a little at his words.

"Fucking hell, I thought you were sleeping!" I whisper-shout, walking up to him.

He's smiling, slightly smirking.

"Fuck off." I mutter, hopping onto the bed and laying down on top of him, feeling his skin against my own.

My head's on his chest and I slightly open my eyes to look up at him. But something makes my sight be still on his chest.

A butterfly.

A butterfly is tattooed in the middle of it. How have I not noticed it before?

"When did you get this tattooed?" I ask, my eyes leaving his beautiful tattoo.

It is truly art.

"When I was seventeen." He answers, "Hudson made it."

"Hudson. Like in this house Hudson?"

"Yes." His eyes are closed and his arms a tightly slithered around me.

"He's a great artist." I whisper, looking down at the tattoo again.

I want to colour it. Mostly blue.

"What do I remind you of?" I suddenly blabber, keeping my eyes on the beautiful piece of art on the middle of his upper body.

"You?" He sighs, taking a deep breath, "You remind me of the colour blue."

Blue. My favourite colour.

"Why's that?"

"Because you're trustworthy and calm, loyal and confident. Plus, your eyes are blue, like the ocean." I look up to watch his side profile, but he's looking at me with his dark eyes.

Those beautiful eyes.

"You remind me of beauty." He takes away the hair from my face to take a clear look at me, his eyes watching every little feature in my face.

"You remind me of strength."

"I think you're a little bit off the track there." I giggle, placing my head down on the crook of his neck, smelling his scent.

"I'm serious, Leila." He places his hand on my jaw, making me look up again.

"You're a survivor. You're one of the strongest people I know. You kept fighting when there was nothing to fight for. You kept hoping someone would save you, but you know that you saved yourself. No one did it but you. You got through that alone. Not with anyone's help. You kept your head up and in the end, you found a place where you could be loved and cared for." His words make my eyes glossy but no tears leave them.

If the tears would fall, they would be happy ones.

"Your story's not over. You've got a lot to achieve and experience." His hands moves up to my cheek, "And I hope that it is with me."

I blink and the lonely tear fall, rolling down my face. Greyson pulls himself up, sitting up straight with me straddling him.

"You remind me of happiness." He whispers, rubbing my back as I silently cry into his neck.