isn't

The days ahead were all packed loaded with mission on mission.

Life couldn't get any worse than this.

Even though we lived under the same roof it was hard to see each other and chat like the old times, it was all about completing the task given.

most of the time I was separated from the team as I was handed the task of a sniper, so when my job was done I just had to wait alone for them to return.

"Target in range captain, should I shoot?" I squinted my eyes waiting for captain price to reply back.

"Bravo 6 how copy?" There still wasn't an answer.

"Affirmative sergeant, team going dark" price replied after sometime.

His breathing was abnormal.

"We on the chase, finish the target and get to the church"

"Roger captain"

The sun was setting, I waited for the team to return.

Leaning myself on one of the walls I sighed as they weren't coming.

I companied myself back at the base and went up the large rock.

It was easier for me to see them coming.

Plus the view was priceless, the warm sun setting and a slow wind.

looking down the helicopter landed.

I firstly noticed gaz laughing while coming out the helicopter, safe and sound.

he was talking with the medic they were laughing and the medic even hit gaz on his shoulder as gaz was teasing her, both of them walked inside.

The scene bothered me.

how he didn't even look for me, "time doesn't wait for anyone" I didn't bother to look back knowing it was lieutenant.

Replying wasn't in my favor right now as I kept my eyes on the gaz following the medic like a lost puppy but I couldn't do anything about it there was no use to fight for something that didn't belong to you.

"how is it goin" I glanced at the man beside me as ghost breathed in through his mask "never better without your jokes" it came out more like a question from him.

"did I tell you? You have pretty eyes" i chuckled half hearted as his gaze softened.

His hands touched my scars which was marked on my jaw as I could feel his gloves on my face "it's like you'll break any minute"

"the scar says something otherwise" he shook his head "there's somethin off about you I can't put my fingers on" he does catch up pretty fast.

He removed his hands as my face felt cold again "you're very talkative today l.t"

"we should go, it's getting cold" he responded as I nodded and returned back to base.

we entered the base and soap was asleep on the sofa and gaz was nowhere "goodnight love don't go hard on yourself" I waved my hand at ghost "I should be sayin that" he mumbled.

I sat near soap as he looked tired and was asleep.

Sergeant Mactavish, a good man.

"go to your room and sleep" I shook soap as he groaned and dragged me beside the couch, "you smell like cigarettes" he was half asleep as I sighed.

"don't complain about your body aching the next day" his eyes were still closed.

"don't worry bout gaz all the time alright" he wrapped his hand around my waist, it was as if he knew something.

it was true gaz and I grew distant over time due to no mission together plus he was young he needed his space, I tried to sit up but soap still held me in place "got no time for me ay?" He rubbed his eyes "go sleep in your room" I stood up earning a groan "you need some sleep too the eye bags are obvious"

Soap went to bed as I pulled out a ciggar from my pocket and lit it, my head was leaned back on the sofa as I puffed out the smoke.

I closed my eyes as my mind immediately went to those times where I was in the delta forces, I could see the fire and the explosions, I could feel the heat against my body thinking about how I suffered all this time "when will my happy days come"

I'm not gods strongest soilder.

I mumbled to myself, gaz sat next to me, I ignored his presence and didn't bother to talk the only sound was my ciggar burning.

"haven't seen ya for a while now" I didn't reply, I had to stop this I am in the godamm military and my only duty is to keep the world clean I held my ciggar tight.

"yeah same" a dry reply, he looked at me for a minute or so before I stood up dumping my ciggar.

"then I'm off sergeant".

"there's no use of fighting for something that isn't yours". the words always kept me in place.