where you belong

Eyes slowly lid up as my back was still hurting, i looked around as it was still dark outside.

ghost wasn't in bed as Keegan was smiling at me as he kissed my forehead and spoke after a while "i definitely think you two need a talk ay" i looked at him confused as he chuckled, "the British guy".

He stood up and walked outside giving me a small wave.

I wore sweatpant and went towards the main room finding ghost there, he was getting ready to leave as i sighed loudly for him to hear, he turned towards me as there was a moment of silence "You good?" He spoke breaking the silence as I nodded at him and sat down on the sofa.

"Where's keegs?"z I spoke as he tilted his head "Keegan i mean" i said avoiding his eye contact, it made me feel awkward for some reason.

"And why is he keegs?" I felt the right side of my sofa shift as he sat beside me while tieing his boot laces, "dinnae old man" i spoke looking at him lazily as his eyes were staring right back as lazy as mine.

"Come again love?", his tone was uncompromising as i tried not let it show how affected i was by the nickname, how my eyes tremble with a mix of fear and excitement.

I cleared my throat just for him to speak again "Cat got your tongue?, where did the attitude go?"

"Oh please go fuck yourself", i spoke back in a mocking tone, i paused before speaking again "go fuck mara" as soon as the name left my lips i was pinned against the sofa he was in his gear intimidating as he was, as i gulped, "where are your manners venom?."

I knew his face was blank under his mask. I still wanted to test him, "well they don't call me that anymore Mr.leutinent"  i managed to shove him backwards, and stood up "I'm no longer-" it doesn't come as a shock as he shoved me towards the wall back knocking against the solid surface knocking the breath out of my godamm lungs.

"The 141 raised you love watch that mouth of yours", i looked away as his hands where pinning mine, "The y/n in 141 died a long time ago" as i said that, his grip loosened up.

I laughed and trailed off  "came back from death, you still haven't asked me how I've been l.t".

Then there it was just like the old days, the good old days. The gaze behind his mask, his eyes softening as he let go of my hands and his head falling on my shoulder, his hands snaking around my waist.

I could feel him sighing deeply. "Simon", he grumbled as i smiled, "i missed you si", i spoke while taking off his mask he tensed but eventually letting me, "now that's better" i spoke while holding his face. "sorry" it was barely a whisper but i still heard it from him.

On the other hand with all the messy past he had he knew keeping his distance was the best.

Approaching you would only get you hurt was his mindset, just for him to realize he would come back crawling in your arms.

"felt like a coward when ya came to save me", he spoke as i rubbed his eyes gently and kissed his forehead, "i- i just felt so w-weak".

I could feel it, he was stuttering his eyes closed, a bit of tears forming in the corner of his eyes, I hugged him nuzzling his hair "it's fine si, I'm here".

i was there. I was always there.