chapter twenty six - ring

Magsimula sa umpisa

- - -

A WEEK LATER

It's finally Leila's birthday and I've got all the things planned to make her day the most memorable day of the year.

I'm standing in the kitchen, making pancakes and I'm just now finished with the last one.

I put on everything she likes. Nutella, whipped cream and most of all, her precious strawberries. I'm sure she loves strawberries more than she loves me.

I pick up the tray and head over to her room because there's where we slept last night.

I walk through the door and she's still sleeping, looking like an angel like always. She's the most angelic looking person I've ever laid my eyes on.

She's truly breathtaking. Like literally.

She takes my breath away every time I hear her laugh, talk, etcetera. I just love everything about her. I always will. There's nothing Leila can do to make me hate her.

Well, if she breaks up with me but she's crazy if she does that. I think.

I sit down on her bed, placing the tray on her nightstand.

"Happy birthday, mi amor." I wipe the hair out of her face, seeing her eyes open.

"God, I'm finally twenty." She says, lifting herself up. She crawls closer to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"Thank you, baby." She says, planting a kiss on my neck.

"You can eat now and I'll give you your gifts later." I state, my eyes plastered on hers. Her beautiful, ocean blue eyes. I could drown in them any second of the day.

"I don't need gifts. All I need is you." She states, leaning closer and pressing a quick kiss on my lips.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

- - -

Leila eats the last strawberry on the plate and she smiles, looking up at me.

"Thank you, it was really delicious. Like always." She says, putting the plate on the tray again. She always looks so cute, her smile is so beautifully gorgeous.

"You're welcome, my love. Come on, we'll go get your gifts." I retort, standing up and holding out my hand for her to take.

She gratefully takes my hand and stands up herself, straightening her shorts. I lead her out of my room and we stop in front of my door.

"Promise me you won't freak out."

"Why? What did you get me?" She looks a little worried now, giving my door a few glances before her eyes stays on me.

"You'll see." Is all I say before opening my door, letting her step in.

Her gaze goes straight to my room, taking a step into it. I follow her in and she looks around before her eyes stays still on the little fluffy thing on my bed.

"Did you get me a dog?!" She exclaims, squeaking in excitement. She sprints to my bed, lifting up the little golden retriever in the air.

"Oh, my." She breathes out.

"What's its name?"

"Willow. Her name is Willow." I say and Leila looks at Willow with just cuteness showing in her face.

"I can't believe you got me a dog!" She states, walking up to me with Willow in her hands, wrapping an arm around my torso. She presses her head against my chest and Willow takes that as an opportunity to lick the shit out of Leila's face.

"I think she likes you."

"I love you so much already." She whispers to Willow, then looking up at me.

"But I still love you most. Thank you, my love." She leans up and kisses me.

She pulls away a few seconds later and she looks between me and the precious golden dog.

"Look! It's our own little family!" She exclaims, her smile as bright as ever.

She's right. Our little family.

- - -

It's a few hours later and Leila left the Willow with the other girls while me and her go out. But the girls reassured me that they're literally throwing a party for Leila when we come back.

"Okay, my love, let's go." I smile as she hugs Mila, Lili and Haven goodbye.

"Have a good time but come back at a reasonable hour." Lili says, giving me a look.

"Alright, we'll get going, bye!" I quickly rush Leila out of the front door, closing the door as fast as we came through it.

"Put your helmet on." I say, handing her the helmet that previously sat on the motorcycle in front of us.

She nods, taking the helmet and putting it on her head. She looks like a fucking badass, like damn, I could literally pass out from how hot she looks right now.

"Do you wanna drive?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Of course."

I nod, hopping onto the vehicle. Leila does the same and she purposely pushes herself up a little, making me groan from her movements.

"Teasing is not nice." I state, making her laugh a little. God, I love her laugh so fucking much. Just sounds so angelic to me.

"You're doing it all the time, my love." She retorts before starting the engine and driving out of the driveway.

I know y'all think I'm going to propose. Sadly, I'm not. I just don't think I'm ready for marriage.

And it's better to take it slow than take it too fast.

But that doesn't stop me from getting a promise ring and a matching ring for us for her. She deserves a ring, she really does. So she should get one, damn, even two.

I will marry her one day but we're still young, we've got all the time in the world.

And I think I would've needed the help from Luca and the girls if I were to propose to the love of my life.

Leila is the girl of my dreams and she always will be. So someday. It will happen, just not today.

If I'm being honest, Leila would think the same.

She's been through so much this year and it would be a lot with a engagement ring on her finger. Her mind is still full of other thoughts.

But I'm already excited for when I actually will propose to her. She deserves all of the things in the world.

Every little thing.

- - -

A/N:
okay, i think this is the next to last chapter of this book. I THINK, nothing is decided yet. but anyways, i hope y'all are having a lovely day/ night!

please check out my tiktok - @lisasbookss

wc - 1634

please vote and comment. <3
edited.
i love you lots, bye. <3