Chapter 7 - Work to Earn a Living

On Saturday morning, before dawn, Cen Jingyan was busy in the kitchen. After he made breakfast, he went on to make lunch and dinner, and put them in the refrigerator when they were cold.

Before going out, Cen Jingyan told Cen Xiaoman again: "Xiaoman, I have prepared lunch and dinner and put them in the refrigerator. When you eat, heat them in the microwave. Remember to wear insulated gloves when handling them. Be careful, don't get burned. Don't open the door if a stranger knocks, call brother's cell phone immediately if you have something to do."

Cen Jingyan's part-time job today is from ten in the morning to seven in the evening, which means he will not be at home all day. By the time he got home at night, it was probably around nine o'clock.

Cen Jingyan felt a little regretful that he agreed to Wu Limei without serious consideration. After thinking about it, he decided to wait until the part-time job was over this week, and then told Wu Limei that he would not go to part-time work next week, so he could only thank her for her kindness. He should look for another part-time job with suitable working hours.

Now the brothers and sisters, Cen Jingyan and Cen Xiaoman, don't have a lot of living expenses, but their savings are also very small. What worries Cen Jingyan is that the cost of going to college in the future may not be enough even with the scholarship and Fan's support.

As for the future, it's not that Cen Jingyan has never thought about going to prestigious universities in big cities, but her sister is still in elementary school. But if he goes, what will my sister do? After careful consideration, Cen Jingyan has already planned to enter K University next year.

K University is the best university in K City, not too far from X County. According to Cen Jingyan's grades, there shouldn't be any difficulty, so if he chooses to go to school in the future, although it will be harder, he can continue to take care of his sister.

Therefore, part-time work is necessary to make money, but Cen Jingyan is still a little worried when he is away from home for a long time and only leaves his sister at home. After all, Xiaoman is the most important thing.

"I see, brother." Cen Xiaoman listened to her brother's words, and responded obediently. Every time her brother went out, he always gave a lot of instructions, and she had already remembered it.

Although Cen Xiaoman is only in the second grade of elementary school, she is sensible very early. Cen Jingyan often has to work part-time to earn money, and she is used to being alone at home, and she will not be afraid, and will help her brother with some simple housework.

Cen Jingyan settled down with his sister and went out. The KTV opened by Wu Limei's house is far away from his home. Although this KTV is said to be opened in the county, it is actually not far from K City.

For this reason, Cen Jingyan needed to change to two buses, and the journey took a long time. This is also the reason why he is determined not to continue to work part-time there next week, the time spent on the road is too long.

Cen Jingyan arrived at the KTV of Wu Limei's house before ten o'clock. This is a newly built business building. Walking into the magnificent lobby, Cen Jingyan found Manager Liu.

Manager Liu had obviously been told, he asked Cen Jingyan to keep his student ID card, and after registering, he took Cen Jingyan to the reception area.