18

Chapter 18

    An elderly senior official stepped out, clasped his hands and said, "Your Majesty, Prime Minister. Hongda has been an official in the court for 30 years. He has been conscientious and hardworking. He is frugal and frugal to maintain integrity. Last year, Hongmu's 80th birthday, I was invited to Hongfu Participating in the banquet. The dignified official of the third rank has a simpler and more modest family than the local sixth rank officials, and the banquets are only a few dozens of tables. After the Hongda people learned that the only son leaked the question, he did not hesitate to take the initiative to send his son Pressed into Dali Temple. However, the three generations of the Hong family are single-handed, and Hongbin is the old son of Hongda. It is an unbearable pain for ordinary people to send a white-haired person to a black-haired person. Now Hongda is old and sick. If he was allowed to witness the beheading of his only son for public display, I am afraid it will make him sad and his condition will worsen. I also ask the emperor's prime minister to look at Hongda people's feelings and deal with him as appropriate."

    Zhao Qi also felt that this Hongda person was a little pitiful, "Prime Minister, Do you want to stop thinking about it?"

    Xiao Shiqing said: "Since Mr. Wu and Mr. Hong have a close relationship, on the day of Hong Bin's execution, Mr. Wu will accompany Mr. Hong to observe the execution and chat for comfort, how about it?"

    Mr. Wu's face turned pale White.

    "If Mr. Wu is not enough, let all the officials of the fifth rank and above in Beijing, who have already married and established careers, go to accompany him." Xiao Shiqing said coldly, "just to let them know that there is no way to teach a child, and the fate of being a model is useless."

    For a while, There was complete silence in the Taihua Hall, and all the officials dared not speak out. Zhao Qi was also uncomfortable sitting on the dragon chair, he caught He Changzhou's gaze. He Changzhou shook his head invisibly at him, signaling him not to say more.

    After a long silence, Xiao Shiqing said: "Other ministers, do you have something to play?"

    Zhao Qi felt that he was back in the classroom, focusing on listening and learning, and basically did not need to speak. Once he came down early, he saw Xiao Shiqing's decisive and resolute killing with his own eyes. To put it more directly, it is a dictatorship. As long as he decides something, no matter how many people object to it, he will not change his mind.

    Zhao Qi silently rolled his eyes. That being the case, Xiao Shiqing would have to give orders directly if he went to court early or discussed state affairs.

    At the end of the morning court, Empress Dowager Wen sent someone to invite Zhao Qi and Xiao Shiqing to Ci'an Palace for dinner. On the way, Xiao Shiqing said: "The emperor has something to say, but it doesn't matter."

    Zhao Qi hesitated to speak, and said tactfully: "Have you ever thought that you may not be right about some things." Seeing Xiao Shiqing raised his eyebrows, Zhao Qi hurriedly added the address, "Brother Prime Minister?"

    Xiao Shiqing smiled, "The emperor thinks that the minister is too arbitrary?"

    Zhao Qi raised his hand and gestured, his index finger and thumb were almost touching together, "That's it."

    "So what's right, what's wrong." Authority is far more important than right and wrong. The civil and military forces of the Manchu Dynasty can fight with each other, and you can come and go, but those in power must be arbitrary."

    Zhao Qi was not convinced, "But as a person in power, shouldn't he follow the good advice?"

    Xiao Shiqing looked at him, "Who said it?"