Chapter 40

Chapter 40 Gifts

    Chris entered the arena as the second finale player. When the spotlight on the stage hit him, the audience off the court burst into applause for him, and a row of bright numbers appeared on the virtual surround screen on the upper right.

    15.43 million.

    This is the historical points obtained by Chris in "New Word—X", ranking second in the server overall.

    A record that amazes all players.

    He responded to the enthusiastic reaction of the audience, smiled and waved to them, and walked towards his own equipment in the center of the arena under the guidance of the staff beside him.

    The "New World——X" competition uses the most advanced VR equipment, the black axles are running in an orderly manner, and fluorescent blue light flows along its exterior, and the equipment marked with the three words "Chris" Only one away from the most central location.

    When his peripheral vision inadvertently glanced at the empty seat aside, Chris's footsteps froze, and a slightly complicated expression flashed in his eyes.

    The order of appearance of the players in this competition is based on the points...

    so it is obvious that there is a vacancy for the first place.

    At this moment, the figure of that person appeared in his mind involuntarily.

    Three or four years ago, a player nicknamed "X" suddenly appeared in the official server of Capital Star. In just one year, X's points climbed from an unknown to the top ten of the server, which caused a lot of trouble at the time. Little sensation.

    At that time, the identity of "X" was very mysterious, and no one even knew whether he was a man or a woman, A, B or O.

    Chris has also imagined what it would be like in reality for such a player to operate carefully, every decision is as tight as an instrument, but at the same time he is extremely bold and takes risks, and often makes some unexpected operations.

    It wasn't until he finally met each other in an official competition held by "New World——X".

    Different from the serious and cautious image in the imagination, "X" is a female Alpha named "Ji Xiao". Just like her name, X has a chic and flamboyant personality, and she loves to laugh.

    Ji Xiao is good-looking, sweet and friendly, but in the game, she is a cold and rigorous "X" like a killing machine, and she will never throw water on her opponent.

    No one wants to challenge for the No. 1 position, including Chris.

    In the past three years, he has attacked for the number one position countless times, but he has always been pulled by X over a million points.

    Chris once joked with others that it is actually very simple for him to get the first place, as long as he finds someone to kidnap X away.

    It's just that he didn't expect that within half a year, Ji Xiao really withdrew from the world of "New World——X".

    Every time he goes online, Chris will encounter a large number of players staring at nicknames similar to "X" and imitating X, but the nickname that really belongs to "X" is always grayed out, as if the other party has completely disappeared from the game average.

    Chris's points are finally getting closer and closer to the opponent, and now there is only a gap of less than 500,000.

    "Hey, Chris..." The player next to him, Li Ang, greeted him warmly, pulling Chris's thoughts out of his memories.