Chapter 47 - Fidanzamento

"Who are these woman?" I asked, flinging the pictures at Vinchenzo who caught them and looked extremely confused.

"I don't know."

"I wouldn't even be able to recognise them if they were my own children!"

"Well, they have had someone sent after them."

"I thought you only dealt with weaponry!" I yelled.

"I do!" He hissed before he looked at the photo's again, "Look at the date of death. This happened twenty-two years ago. I was five years old at the time these people were murdered."

"Five?" I echoed.

He nodded, "The date over here says that it happened in the year 2000. I was born on-"

"- 27 June 1995." I said cutting him off, "So this is your father's work?"

Vinchenzo shrugged, "I don't know. It could have been my grandfather too. I haven't been keeping tabs on them."

"Why do you think they were killed?" I asked, as I took a look at the pictures again. My stomach did flips as I studied them closely. The bruised lips, the scars, the bruises and the awful marks marred their entire bodies.

"Maybe they broke the vow they made."

"Omerta." I whispered.

"Yes. That or they were at the wrong place at the wrong time."

"They got killed for being at the wrong place, and wrong time?" I yelled, "How is that fair."

"It's an assumption although I believe that the first one is more accurate. Father used to kill them quickly because they weren't aware. These women all seem to of have been involved in something big and very serious. They must have crossed my family in something important."

"Is this... what you'll do to me if something goes wrong in our relationship?" I choked out.

Vinchenzo walked forward and took the photos out of my hand and placed them on the desk. He then gently placed his hands on my cheek and looked into my eyes.

"Never." He said fiercely.

"Even if I betray you?" I whispered.

"It will kill me if you do but I would never lay a hand on you or let anyone do so. I will protect you to the very end." He whispered as he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I sighed as I pulled him in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and we stayed like that for a few minutes before I pulled away from him.

"This is what my mom wants me to inherit." I commented as I walked back over to the desk and began tidying it up.

"Well you've put Stalias away."

"They found him?" I gasped.

The last I had heard about this topic was that he was still missing and he was sitting and the number one most wanted criminal on the FBI list.

"They did. He has been imprisoned for life."

"Where was he all this time?"

"He left the state. The case was made private but what I heard from the whispers is that he was hiding out in a boat."

"And they happened to search it huh?" I laughed, "Good does conquer evil."

"It does. In the end, light is always stronger than dark."

I nodded my head and smiled, "Well, I am glad that you're not a real mafia leader."

Vinchenzo looked shock, "I am not a real leader?"

"No."

"What does that mean?" He said with a smirk.

"Well, you don't kill innocent people. You don't get involved with trading illegal substances or even humans for that matter. It makes me feel a lot better about the person I have chosen to be with, you know. Now my conscious will no longer haunt me anymore."

"I hated this job when I was a kid. My mom wanted nothing to do with it and the hate she had for it? Well it rubbed off on me for sure. I don't want to kill people, and if I didn't join the family business my father would have killed me. So, this? This is my compromise."

"That's very... wow," I whispered.

"I wanted to take you somewhere today." He grinned.

"Where?" I asked.

"You'll see." Vinchenzo grabbed my hand, and we walked out of the room.

I climbed up the ladder first and then Vinchenzo followed me. I locked the trap door and walked out of the garage first.

"Lets go!" He grinned.

"Now? I look awful!"

"You look perfect, Red. You always do."

"Alright." I said as I jogged over and got into the car my dad had driven us home from the airport in.

"You did ask permission to use it right?"

Vinchenzo nodded his head and began backing out of the driveway, "I did and Ethan had no problem with it."

"I will never get used to you calling my dad by his first name."

"What can I say? We are best friends at this point." He said grinning as I relaxed into the seat.

The drive was a little long but the silence was comforting. Sometimes, all you need in life is a little quiet in order to rearrange your thoughts, to choose your next direction. Sometimes enjoying that silence was the answer to so many problems. Taking the time never hurt anybody.

"We're here." Vinchenzo said, disturbing my train of thoughts.

"Woah." I murmured as I looked at the beautiful forest.

"No, I am not going to murder you and kill you."

"What!" I gasped laughing, "I never said anything."

"I knew what you were thinking, miss main character moment." He grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"You know me too well."

"I hope I do." He said as he grabbed a basket from the backseat, locked the car, and then led the way onto a clearly marked trail.

"Do not tell me it's a long hike."

"Five minutes only." He said and I trudged behind him.

Hiking wasn't my thing.

I kept swatting mosquitoes and tree branches as we walked along. The longer we walked the louder the weird sound became. When I ducked under the last branch, my breath was stolen.

"It's beautiful!" I gushed as I walked closer to the edge of the cliff that overlooked the beautiful waterfall, "How did you know about this place?"

"Well, lets just say it's a very special place. My mom and I used to come here often and I was here when your ring pinged me your location. It will also now be the location when I do this." He said as he pulled out a velvet red box and got down on one knee.

"Stop it!" I gushed as tears tumbled down my face, "There is no way." I muttered as I involuntarily threw my hands up against my mouth.

"Arianna Dawson, life pushed us together in the strangest of ways and our relationship began on the worst note possible yet, somehow, we managed to get to this point where we are now. Madly in love. Our story has so many ups and downs, so many highs and lows and through all the downs and the lows, we always managed to come out stronger and better. We built a beautiful relationship with one another, and you have taught me what it means to love someone in an unconditional manner. Red, would you do me the honour and marry me?"

Hey Reddies!

I hope you have had a good day so far!

Do you think Arianna will be accepting his proposal? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section!

Make sure you leave a vote if you liked this chapter! :)

Next update : 9 December 2022

XOXO
Perla ♡