Chapter 28 - No Way Out

Dante stood at the door his arm dripping blood. 

"What happened to you?" Sienna gasped as she jumped off the bed and ran to him.

"I got shot." He said removing his arm, revealing the wound.

"What's going on?" I demanded.

"It's starting." He said before he walked off with Sienna by his side.

His words rang out in my head. It's starting. What's starting? I thought to myself as I slid on a pair of flats and walked towards Vinchenzo's office. I didn't bother to knock on his door and simply barged in.

"Not you too!" I gasped as I saw his white shirt stained with dried out blood.

"Not mine," He said out of breath.

"What's happening? Whose blood is it?" I demanded.

"Hopefully the blood of Stalias." He said gritting his teeth and used a damp cloth to clean his face.

"Vinchenzo! What's happening! Tell me!" I begged.

"Don't worry." He said as he walked over to his desk and flung a large green file open.

"Tell me, Vinchenzo!" I demanded.

"It's starting." He said shaking his head and lighting a cigar.

"What!" I yelled, "What is starting! You and Dante are so cryptic!" 

"The war, Red. The war between all five families."

"I thought we blew up the Domano one."

"We did, well most of them."

"They must have had another hide out. They must have known it was us." I said looking away.

"Vinchenzo shook his head, my team made sure that gasoline was poured everywhere." He told me.

I sighed and looked at him skeptically, "Gasoline? I didn't smell anything."

"We obviously didn't pour it near people otherwise they would smell it. We poured it around the perimeter of the mansion." He said as he began marching up and down, "I need a plan, a good plan and one that can be easily executed." 

"Should I call someone?" I asked him.

"I'll call my team." He said and marched to his phone.

"The higher-ups?" I asked and he nodded.

He dialed and I watched him fidget. 

"I have never seen you this nervous," I said when he ended the call.

"What's pending is big, Red. Not a joke. So many people will be killed and I am the one responsible for every man bearing the Vitali crest. It's not some video game where you can hit rewind or undo, these are real-life people."

"Well, the plan will need to ensure that minimum life loss occurs."

"It's either our members or theirs, I sure damn hope it's theirs."

I remained silent as I watched all the men file through the door and Vinchenzo began to express his concerns, hopes, goals, and possible strategies to all of the people present. I had most zoned out and tried to think of a way to get ahead of everyone. 

If the FBI intercepted all of this and arrested everyone, would lives be saved?

I knew that if my team got involved, they might not make it out alive. Mainly because I believe that the mafia leaders would all join forces and go against the FBI because the FBI would be the common enemy. I needed to think of a pretty good plan that wouldn't make us lose too many lives on either side of the equation.