Chapter 21 - Defiance

I was nervous.

Or more like a bundle of nerves...

I know that's an odd way to feel about someone who hit you with a Jeep wrangler, proceeded to ignore you, and then live in the dungeon of your ex-boyfriend who was now on a new mission to win you over.

I dreaded seeing Vranchesco, mainly because I didn't know how I would react or how he would. A crazy, but very small, part of me wanted to believe that Constanzo had ordered him and threatened him. I wanted to believe that he loved me, I wanted to believe so many things. It was very hard for me to come to terms with the fact that he was the one behind the wheel that night. I knew that I would never forgive him no matter what the excuse was but it would have been amazing to know that he wasn't an awful person, just a person who feared their father and was following orders. 

At the current moment, I could not decide whether I wanted to feel sorry for him or let out all my rage and anger on him. The thought of him was infuriating. I hated reliving some of the memories no matter how sweet they were, that fairytale ended up with me getting hit by a car driven by the man whom I was about to wed. It seemed surreal to see him. I didn't think that this day would have come. I didn't think that I would have to face him again, knowing what he had done. 

"You don't have to stay, Red," Vinchenzo said as he watched me with a concerned look.

"I have to know why he did that."

"I doubt he will be very responsive." Vinchenzo shrugged, "I need him here for some help and insight on the strategies of his father. My implant has not been making contact with us for weeks now." 

"They found out about who he is really affiliated to?" I asked.

Vinchenzo shrugged, "No clue. I doubt that though, they would have attacked if they had found out."

"Has Constanzo Domano even expressed concern about his son being locked up by the enemy?"

Vinchenzo let out a low chuckle, "I think he's happy that he got rid of him. I've been keeping tabs, the man is too busy throwing parties and spending time with women to realize that his son isn't home. He's just squandering his entire fortune."

"I guess he can do whatever it is he wants with it." 

"True." He said.

After a few moments of peaceful silence, there were three knocks on the door.

"Accedere!" Vinchenzo called.

[Enter!]

The door was pushed slowly to reveal Danté holding Vranchesco with a set of thick metal chains.

"Siediti!" Vinchenzo commanded and got up from his desk as Danté pushed Vranchesco into the seat, his hands still tied together.

[sit down!]

Standing side by side, I could see the resemblance between the two and realized that they could indeed be half brothers. The face shape and sharp jawline the pair share made me believe it even more. 

I was fine until I saw Vranchesco look at me with a look of horror and his face paled. He turned to Vinchenzo and proceeded to ignore me. I knew he was confused, he probably thought that they had taken him out of the dungeon just so that I could torture him, or inflict pain on him as he had done to me.

"Do you know why you are here?" Vinchenzo asked as he leaned on his desk and lit his cigar.

Vranchesco didn't respond. I knew that infuriated Vinchenzo.

"He asked if you knew why you were here!" Dante hissed as he grabbed Vranchesco by the collar and slapped him.

"No," Vranchesco answered, unbothered by the blow he had just received from the beta.

"I would have thought you would have some ideas...." Vinchenzo said as he blew out smoke slowly from his nostrils, "Considering you have had some crazy ideas on how to hurt someone." 

Vinchenzo was referring to the car accident that had happened the previous year. 

"It wasn't my idea." 

"Then whose idea was it?"

"I thought you were smart, Vinchenzo." Vranchesco smirked as he cocked his head to the side, "I would have thought you would have known who by now."

Vinchenzo chuckled darkly, "Of course, I know. That bastard father of yours gave you the command."

Vranchesco didn't say anything and chose to admire the walls.

"It's a shame that your father chose to abandon you here. He didn't even try to negotiate for your release. Good riddance, he had said. His only son..." Vinchenzo tutted, "He didn't even want you."

"Why would I believe your lies, Vinchenzo?" Vranchesco hissed angrily.

Vinchenzo shook his head, "It's don to you, princess."

I knew this tactic. Vinchenzo was purposefully angering Vranchesco in hopes that he would blurt out something important. 

"What an as-" 

"No swearing in my territory, my queen doesn't like it."

"Oh, she's your queen now?" Vranchesco laughed humourlessly, "Where were you when she was cuddling me? Where were you when we got engaged? Oh, that's right sitting in a corner sulking knowing that you couldn't do anything. I easily took your girl, Vinchenzo and you know damn well that I could do it all over again." 

In a swift movement, Vinchenzo landed a punch square in Vranchesco's jaw. I saw Vranchesco wince but he stood tall and proud. 

"You decieved her!" 

"I didn't. I walked in one day and found her in my room. Took a little bit of kindness and she was wrapped around my finger, doing my every bidding."

"If I were you, I would watch my tongue because you might not have one if I decide it to be so."

"Threats." Vranchesco nodded, "I see. Do you think you can scare people by threatening them? Let me tell you something, I am not scared of you."

"My," Vinchenzo smirked, he seemed rather amused at the situation, "You have a dangerous mouth on you little boy. Threats normally work because people know the consequences of defying me, they know my threats become a reality should they cross me, and now I think it's time you met my not-so-kind side." 

Vranchesco visibly tensed up. He was nervous it seemed. 

"What do you want from me?"

"Hmm, well some information and an apology." 

"I will not give you either." He yelled and tried to remove his handcuffs but Dante just hit him with the gun he was holding.

"It's funny that you think you have a choice." 

Hey Guys!

Sorry for being MIA for a while, I have just finished exams and have a week off so I have decided to try writing up as many chapters as possible! 

You can expect another update on: 14 July

Thank you for your understanding and patience! 

If you enjoyed this chapter do leave a vote and comment letting me know how you found this chapter and the book overall!! I love hearing all of your thoughts!!

XOXO
Perla