Chapter 5 - The Start

"A lead said that this club is the one run by the Stalias family," Luciano said as he fixed his suit and tie.

"We are still going through with it?" I asked as I adjusted my short navy blue dress.

"Yes, still the original plan. If you feel like people are becoming suspicious you stop everything and leave as soon as you get the chance." Luciano said urgently.

"Is your wire on?" I asked nodding to the hidden recorder and mic we had hidden in our clothes. I looked and saw that the tiny green light was on. The very small device was hidden in the long gloves that I was wearing.

"Yes." He confirmed as he checked his wristwatch, "Here is the spare key to the Jeep. This club is crawling with Stalias men which means the danger is very high... listen, Arianna, if something happens to me I want you to run and leave me."

"What?" I gasped and frowned.

His eyes were ineligible, "You have no choice. I would give my life to give everyone a safer place to live. I would give my life to rid the world of those parasites."

"Your family needs you. Don't sit here and tell me how you're going to sacrifice yourself." I said.

"They'll survive."

"Not without you, no. Don't make the same mistake my sister did." I said with a soft sigh as I looked into his eyes, hoping to make him change his perspective, "My sister chose to follow mom rather than stay with us here."

"That was her choice, Ari. You can't deny someone something their heart is yearning for." Luciano said as he unlocked the car.

"You're telling me that you want to die? That your heart is yearning for death? You'll death impacts so many people! Not just you. It impacts everyone around you, everyone you care for! So no Luciano, you're not walking into that club on a suicide mission. We'll both come out alive." I said sternly.

Luciano said nothing and simply chose to stare out of the car's windshield. I watched as random people flashed the bouncer their ID cards and made their way into the club. The pulsating music could be heard all the way from where we were sitting.

"I think that it is time to go in, Luciano," I said grabbing the fake ID I had in my hand.

"Good luck Arianna."

"Remember make sure your wire is on. Your first priority is getting the recording device out safe and intact."

I lifted my glove and nodded as I saw that the small light was still green, I was relieved to know that by a small click, everything would be recorded. These devices were designed to be slick and unnoticeable, and I was glad that Luciano chose these because there was no way in hell I was going to die tonight.

Without looking back, I made my way over to the long queue in order to be allowed in. Breaking in had crossed our minds but that would just make us a lot more suspicious than what we needed to be.

"ID?" The bouncer asked a deep frown engraved in his face as he gestured for the female to pat me down. He roughly grabbed the card out of my hand looked at it twice before he shoved it back at me and allowed me in.

I sighed with relief after I passed two more checkpoints without anyone detecting the wire I was wearing beneath my dress and gloves.

The club was like any other one. Tons of alcohol, tons of drunk people and a massive bar with a lot of bartenders quickly whipping up drinks for the customers. The music was loud and the floor vibrated because of all the bass. The lights were pulsating around the club, as a massive disco ball hung and rotated from the ceiling, causing the light to bounce off in many different directions.

I knew that for the plan Luciano and I had created, I had to make sure my acting skills were put to good use. I marched up to the bar and took my place on an empty stool and patiently waited for a bartender to come and assist me.

"What can I get for you?" He asked as he scanned me with his dark brown eyes.

I smiled, "A margarita please."

"Coming right up!" He said as he flashed me a smile and ran his hand through his silky brown hair.

I waited patiently for the bartender to finish my drink. I scanned the room looking for familiar faces, ones that I may have come across when I was in the Stalias base.

Only moments after I had spotted Alistair, Iñigo's second-in-command, did the bartender hand me the drink. I passed him my credit card to pay for the drink before quickly grabbing it and walking away. I looked around from Luciano, I had to tell him that Alistair was present.

I walked around the club, pushing against all the warm sweaty bodies that were forming a strong barrier on the dance floor. I needed to get to the table where a group of men were playing an intense game of pool. I had a strong gut feeling that Luciano was there amongst them.

As soon as I pushed through the last of the people I called out to him, hoping to grab his attention. Luciano was however busy focusing intently on the game before him.

"Luciano!" I yelled, but I knew it was futile. There was no way he could hear me over the music.

I was aware that I needed to get to the office and try to steal as much information as possible. I decided to send Luciano a message as a warning, it was the best I could currently do.

Spotted Beta A. The message read. I hoped that he would see it in time. I walked away from him and back through the crowd before I slipped behind the empty VIP tables into a passageway that was cold and empty. Tapping the button on my wire and sliding a ski mask over my face, I began my journey down the passage hoping to come across some sort of archive.

I passed by a few doors that were locked, but finally spotted one that was open. I pushed it slightly open and peered in, the room was filled with tons of lever arch files and books that held goodness knows what. I flipped a light switch and closed the door behind me. I hadn't been in the room for long before I heard lots of noises and footsteps outside.

"Sbrigati!  Prima che qualcuno ci senta o ci veda!" A man hissed before everything quietened down.

[Hurry up! Before someone hears or sees us!]

"Non preoccuparti, sono tutti ubriachi come puzzole." A second man answered with a little chuckle.

[Don't worry about it, they're all drunk as skunks.]

"Set the timer to 10 minutes, Trevor," My ears perked up at the mention of one of the Borgati twins, "Gli umani mondani sono già stati cacciati da qui." The first man said gruffly.

[The mundane humans are already being kicked out of here.]

"Fatto." Trevor replied as the footsteps faded away.

[Done.]

That was the moment when the anxiety began to pulse throughout my body.

Hey Guys!

Here is the first update of 2022, I just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year and a (late) Merry Christmas to those who celebrate ♡

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment with your thoughts and predictions! See you next update!

Xoxo
Perla