Chapter 9 - Explosive Emotions

Vinchenzo took the bottle of red wine and poured some into both of our glasses. He was less tense and seemed to be rather happy that I asked him the question.

"It is not that difficult for me to prove that I didn't share germs with her." He said as he sipped his wine slowly, "At the ball, many factors point out the idea that I did nothing."

"Such as?" I asked in a snarky tone.

"Did it not cross your mind how I was able to follow you outside so quickly? How confused I was about what you were accusing me of? If it was truly me in that basement, I wouldn't have been wearing my blazer when I approached you, I wouldn't have been able to catch up to you at all. Hell, I wouldn't have even seen which way you had gone because of the darkness." He said, his green eyes daring me to reject his words.

"You could have easily put on that blazer and ran after me, Vinchenzo. Besides, the darkness wasn't as dark as you were making it seem. I could see your silhouettes clearly." I told him as I watched him relax into the chair.

"You can't deny that I would have to have some superpowers to put my blazer on and chase you. Besides, when I was speaking to you outside my blazer was in perfect condition, not a single wrinkle in it."

"I don't know. I don't recall looking or analysing your blazer, Vinchenzo." I sighed.

"You are accusing me of something big. It violates everything that my family stands for. I will not allow you to run around and spread false information about me, especially when I am certain that I have done nothing wrong. I have not wronged you in any manner, Red."

"But I saw what I saw!" I hissed, "Your evidence is not sufficient to convince me otherwise. I gave you a chance to show me who you really were, what you really stood for and to truly express your real feelings for me. You cheating on me... it broke me in half. I can not let you do that to me again." I said.

"So you are convinced that it was me?"

"Yes."

"How can you be so certain?"

"I saw what I saw. The man with her was dressed like you in a black suit, his hair was dark and his eyes green."

"Need I remind you that all of the men in the ball were wearing black suits? It isn't anything out of the ordinary." He reminded me as he lit his cigar, "I would like to take this time to also remind you that you saw silhouettes. You're making accusations with no real evidence."

"I'm not!" I hissed.

I wanted to shout. I wanted to scream. I was so frustrated and angry at the same time, yet I was unwilling to embarrass myself and actually scream in front of all the people. I settled for imagining him twenty feet under. I would not let him manipulate me into forgiving him again, I was tired of his games. I was a woman on a mission and nothing, not even a man I was madly in love with, could stop me from reaching my goal.

"You are irritated." He noted as he blew out a puff of smoke to the side.

"Good observation Sherlock Holmes," I said between gritted teeth.

"I am in a difficult spot here." Vinchenzo finally said after studying my face intensely, "I do not know how to prove to you that I did not do what you are saying I did. I do have something that might make you see sense." He said as he pulled out his phone.

"I doubt it."

"Pessimist." He said as he scrolled through heaven knows what.

"Pessimist!" I mocked as I rolled my eyes.

"Aha!" Vinchenzo said as his green eyes lit up, "I found it. Does this person look familiar to you?" He said thrusting the phone in my direction.

At first, I was confused. I was looking at an image of two incredibly identical men who were dressed in crisp black suits. They both had green eyes and brown hair. If you were looking at a first glance you wouldn't notice it, but one of the men had a scar that ran down his face. The scar gave his identity away immediately.

"Is that you... and Gianni?" I demanded as I looked at the picture on the phone in absolute disbelief. 

"Yes, that's my brother and me. He was at the ball that night. How did you know it was him?"

"I met him in the candy aisle not long ago," I confessed.

"Great, so now you can see that we are quite identical."

"Twins?" I asked.

Vinchenzo shook his head, "No. He is a year younger than I."

"It can't be." I said shaking my head, "There is no way that he would have been fraternizing with the enemy." 

"But you would accuse me of that?"

"Yes."

"There is something you must know."

"What?" I asked with a huff.

"My brother got into an incredibly big car accident a few years back. He was very close to death but somehow the paramedics on the scene worked tirelessly to bring him back to life and back to us. Gianni was on his way to meet with one of father's enemies in a civil spot where he was hoping that the two would reach an agreement and perhaps become good allies.

"Unfortunately Gianni didn't reach. The man had ensured that he hired a hitman who would take out my brother for good. Although Gianni didn't lose his life he lost many valuable things such as his entire memory. He remembers nothing about his past and also struggles with recalling things after a few days, he is very forgetful now. Having both types of amnesia is very rare, but it happened because of the big impact." He said as he shook his head.

I noticed the faraway look he held in his eyes. I knew that he was telling the truth from the way his fist was clenched and his body was tensed up. He took a deep whiff of his cigar and closed his eyes.

"I don't want to talk about this." He stated.

"We don't have to." I said compassionately.

I felt his pain. I had gone through it with my sister. I held on to the teeniest tiniest thread of hope that there was a chance she would survive the overdose, unfortunately, she didn't. I remembered the day the doctors walked out with frowns on their faces and with their heads lowered as they delivered the news to us. The minute that the words "Miss Dawson passed away" sent me into an awful spin of ugly crying. First losing my mother and then my sister took a heavy toll on me.

"I understand your pain."

"I am sure." He said with a snide tone before he harshly pushed his chair back and stormed out of the restaurant, leaving me completely alone and in deep shock.

Hey Guys

I hope that you enjoy this chapter! What is your opinion on how Vinchenzo chose to behave?

As always, make sure you vote and comment if you liked it! Until next update...

XOXO

Perla