Chapter 18 - Destroyed Moments

It is rather ironic that the conversation Luciano and I had in the car prior to this referenced life throwing curving balls at us. In this case, I had been literally a few millimeters from having my first kiss only to then be fed dirt. It doesn't taste any good if you were wondering.

"Did you see who they were? Any crest?" Vinchenzo demanded as he helped me up from the ground.

"No boss." The guard answered as he signaled for others to come forward.

"Was anyone hurt?" He asked as his eyes scanned me, they rested on my knees, "You are all scraped up."

"It's not too bad." I said as I watched two guards bring forward a colleague who was having a hard time breathing, "He is worse." I said.

Vinchenzo turned around to look at the struggling men before he immediately pulled out his phone. Sienna grabbed my hand and began leading me inside the compound. I followed her all the way to the Cerulean scheme where she sat me down with a sigh. Neither of us had spoken the whole walk down.

"What does that mean?" I asked her as she calmly poured herself a glass of champagne and drank it all in one gulp.

"Some other gang provoked us. Now Vinchenzo will end them." She sighed with a shrug of her shoulders.

"You say that so calmly," I said as I wiped the blood off my knee with a napkin.

"Small little gangs come here and try to prove themselves and try to be important but it fails."

"How do you know it was a gang?"

"Well, no crest usually means it isn't anyone we need to be scared of. You generally only get to design a crest when you gain enough importance to be recognized and feared. If just anyone had a crest, there would be plenty roaming around and no one would know who is who." Sienna explained.

"That makes sense." I nodded.

I felt awkward. Sienna and I had not seen each other in a while and here she was acting like she wasn't mad at my decisions. I wanted to break the ice but I was scared of her reaction. I was mature enough to realize that my every decision had its own set of consequences but losing Sienna, or even the Borgati twins, wasn't something I was ready to face. 

Loss. That resonated with me. Throughout most of my life, I carried around some form of grief. The grief of losing my mother, the grief of losing my sister, and now the possible pending grief of losing some of the most important and influential people in my life. 

I knew that I had to at least apologize to her. I had neglected her and even though she may never forgive me for abandoning her. An apology was the very minimum she deserved from me.

"I didn't want to really talk about it tonight-"I began.

Sienna cut me off, "I know why you did it." 

"You do?"

"Yes. Losing Vinchenzo was very hard for you, I know how much you loved him and still do. I am connected to him and will always be. That isn't something that I could change and I can't blame you for wanting distance."

"I am still sorry though. I am so sorry for not trying harder to try and keep communicating with you. That's just awful on my part." I confessed.

"I have been around long enough to know how heartbreak works, Ari."

"I just wanted to shut him off." I confessed.

"I know. I am sure he did too. He was fuming every single day. No matter what I am team Variana." She grinned.

"I don't know about that ship sailing. I am so excited to hear all about you and the boyfriend!" I grinned.

"I think he wants to propose!" Sienna giggled and blushed, "He has been so secretive and going out on trips without letting me know where and I couldn't be more ecstatic."

"You sure he's not cheating on you?" I joked.

Sienna rolled her eyes, "You can't tell him but I overheard him speaking with Vinchenzo! He's on board with everything too!"

"I will go interrogate him!" I grinned.

"Tell me what he tells you!"

"Absolutely not!" I glared.

"Why!" she whined with a sigh.

"I am not going to ruin your expected surprise." I said and winked.

I got up from my chair and skipped all the way to Vinchenzo's office. I barged in and stopped dead in my tracks when a bunch of men all dressed in black suits turned to look at me with intimidating gazes.

"I'll come back another time," I said and immediately flung myself out the door.

"Red come back here!" Vinchenzo called and I awkwardly debated just fleeing.

"Red!" He called again and I slowly pushed the door open and peered inside. When I realised that the men had vacated the room I walked inside.

"Hi." I greeted.

"You came all the way here to say hi?" He asked me rather puzzled.

"Well you know something about Sienna's engagement and I want to know!" 

Vinchenzo cocked his head to the side, "What?" He asked in disbelief.

"Don't act all forgetful now. I know you know." I said confidently.

"I am not so sure I know what you are talking about, Red. Where did you hear this madness?"

"Well, that's for me to know and for you to never find out. Now tell me!" I demanded.

"Let me get this straight..." He sighed, "You disrupted an important meeting with my Cappo to demand to know some gossip that I am unaware about?"

"That you're unaware about?" I asked confused, "Dante... he's trying to plan a special event where he could propose to Sienna..." Vinchenzo still looked confused.

"Che chosa?"

[What?]

"You're positive that you don't know?" I asked taken aback. 

"About what?" Dante asked as he magically appeared in his office. Or maybe I just hadn't heard him come in.

"You, my dear friend, are apparently planning to propose to Sienna?" Vinchenzo asked with a slight smirk.

"Che chosa!" Dante yelled in shock, "Chi vi ha detto che?"

[What?][Who told you that?]

"It was her. She barged in here to demand all the information." Vinchenzo answered as he gestured to me.

"So you aren't proposing?" I asked him.

Dante frantically shook his head, "Nope. I have no idea where you got that information from."

"Oh." I said as I sighed dejectedly. Sienna had been so excited at the thought.

"Don, hai deciso il nostro piano d'attacco?" 

[Have you decided our plan of attack?]

"Si."

Once they started speaking in Italian I knew that it was my cue to leave. I didn't feel like questioning them about everything they said but I did know that it was work-related. My only worry now was whether I should break the news to Sienna or allow her to live out her dream fairytale ending.

Hey Guys!

I hope you liked this update. I just wanted to do something light so as to not make it too dark and depressing! What do you guys think, should Arianna tell Sienna or let her find out on her own?

Anyways if you liked this chapter make sure that you leave a comment with your thoughts and leave a vote too!

XOXO

Perla

P.S next update will be on 4 June 2022 ;)