Chapter 25 - In Shock

As soon as we got back to the compound, I slammed the car door shut and walked all the way to my room with Vinchenzo hot on my heels.

"Red!" He called, "What's wrong?"

"You know what you did, Vinchenzo!" I snarled as I walked into my room and straight into the bathroom to remove the contact lenses that I had used for the evening.

I threw them into the basin and open the faucet and watched as they washed down the drain. When I walked out, I saw Vinchenzo on my bed.

"Get out!" I demanded.

"Why? I've done nothing wrong!" He insisted and I gritted my teeth.

"Nothing? Nothing!" I laughed hysterically whilst he just watched me confused.

"What did I do?" He asked softly when I stopped.

It all happened so suddenly. One minute I was laughing and the next I was sitting on the bed right next to him sobbing my heart out.

Vinchenzo silently sat next to me and rubbed soothing circles on my back as my tears continued to roll and drip on the bed. I was so sad and so angry at the time that the best thing I could do was let it all out and cry.

When my mom passed, I couldn't show my emotions a lot. I had to be strong for my dad who was crumbling to pieces and I had to also be strong for my younger sister. They both relied on me to be their unbreakable support system and they must have forgotten that I was human too. I had emotions too. I grieved too.

Bottling emotions was my forte. I hated it though because in times like these I would begin tearing up at one thing and then the next thing I knew I was bawling my eyes out over things that happened a while ago.

I had been heavily devastated by the passing of my mother and then later on by the passing of my only sibling, and younger sister. When I found the box and letter in my mother's closet it gave me something to hold on to. Something that she had left behind for me and now tonight... it was gone.

Gone forever.

Vinchenzo had destroyed it.

I had no way of unlocking the box. Constanzo was my only other hope. I had gotten hit by a car just for trying to take it and now all my efforts were futile because Vinchenzo decided that blowing everyone up in the base was the best idea ever and I hated him for it.

I didn't hate him. I despised him.

"Talk to me." He whispered as he gently caressed my hair and placed a soft kiss on my head.

"You destroyed it!" I sobbed and I saw his face turn to confusion once more.

"I'm confused, I-" He began but I cut him off.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! You knew why I was there! You knew I was at that damned party, risking my life, just to get something my mother had left for me!" I yelled as I moved away from him, disgusted by his gentle touch.

"Let it all out, Red." He said, "Let it all out."

"You're horrible! And not just that, you're also the most selfish human being I have ever met! You always put yourself and your needs first! You say you love me, but why do you never prioritize me? Why do you never put my needs above yours? You could have bombed his mansion anytime you wanted! Why did you choose to do it then!" I screamed as I grabbed his collar.

"Red, calm down!" He said as my grip tightened and rage took over me.

"No! That was the last thing I had from my mom! I wanted it! I was willing to get myself killed to get it and now you blew it up you heartless, insensitive human!"

"Woah!" He said, "Relax!"

"Don't tell me to relax! I'm not in a good state of mind and I'm scared that I will say things that I will regret later!" I said as I sat back and laid my head on the pillow.

"If you would have asked me, you would know that I do listen to you. I do prioritize your needs, Red."

"What do you mean?" I croaked.

"I did get what you want. I was in that house for that reason."

"Explain!" I said sitting up.

"Well, Tristiaan and Trevor reported to me everything that you'd planned."

"Those bastards," I whispered to myself. They had betrayed me.

"They vowed omèrta, Red. They have to. Anyways, I decided to infiltrate with my team get the key, grab you and leave." He told me as though he had read my mind.

"So how'd you get the key?"

"Well... Francesca isn't a traitor. She was doing all the theft magic. She took it and gave it to me. That is why I wasn't surprised too much when you told me, although I didn't quite know she would go to those lengths to get it."

"Francesca kissed Constanzo to get me the key?" I asked in disbelief and he nodded.

"Yes, she did." He told me before he ran a hand through his silky hair and grinned, "I was planning a more romantic way to give it to you. I wanted it to be sweet and I wanted it to be cute and for you to be surprised."

"What?" I asked with tears brimming in my eyes.

"I wanted for it to be a sweet romantic gesture."

"You can still do it." I sniffled.

He laughed, "Oh Red! It won't be a surprise now, will it?"

"I will forget about it!" I said happily.

"Will you?"

"Yes!"

"I'll think about it."

Hey Reddies!

I hope you all liked this chapter! I thought that it showed more raw emotions if anything...

I also wanted to let you know that uni has started the second semester... and so this means that updates will be slightly more spaced out... so one update every week or so. I hope you guys can understand!

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment in the comment section letting me know your thoughts!

P.s: 1 August 2022

Xoxo
Perla Jbara