Chapter 8 - Memories

"What are you doing here?" They both yelled simultaneously.

"I could ask you the same thing." I spat.

"You are the one bothering us!" Eliza said as she lifted the strap of her dress.

"You're a skank... and you are a cheater!" I turned to Vinchenzo, whose suit jacket had been discarded.

The memories kept on flooding back into my mind, as tears fell down my face. I hated that I had agreed but what other option did I have, he would have choked Luciano to death if I had refused. I am aware that Luciano was willing to die so that I didn't have to face him again, but I couldn't let that happen. Awful as it may be, I refused my relationship with a psychopath to be the reason he died, the reason his family lost him.

Death does not affect only one person, it affects multiple. The news spreads like wildfire and everyone begins to mourn and start the terribly long grieving process. I of all people know what the feels like. The pain and the hell you go through is not worth allowing Luciano to die as my hero, as the man who saved me from my raging ex-boyfriend.

I sluggishly started the process of getting ready. Tristiaan had delivered the invite as promised, stayed and had a chat with me for a while before he departed and I never heard from him. The invite was written in Vinchenzo's elegant script. Meet me at Ai Fiori, on the 3rd of December at 8 pm the invite read. I knew that the restaurant required a formal dress as it was rated five stars on the website. 

I was in the shower when another flashback hit me.

"Red! Red! Red, please wait!" Vinchenzo yelled as he chased me out of the ballroom and into the pouring rain.

"I thought you truly had changed! I thought you would have some sort of respect for me!" I yelled as the pouring rain drenched us both.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, confused.

"You are a liar too! I thought you loved me! I truly thought that you were more than the scum most people make you out to be!" I said laughing with despair, "But you... you're worse. I believed that you have feelings for me." I said, saddened with myself.

"My feelings are true, Red!" He said.

"You are lying. That is all you do, Vinchenzo. You lie and then when you're caught, you lie some more!" I hissed.

"But I told you my feelings were true." He said with a sigh as he rubbed his brilliant green eyes.

"How can I believe you? Please tell me how I can believe you when you've lied to me before?" I answered as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Arianna, I don't understand!" He insisted.

"Stop lying Vinchenzo! Just stop!" I said before I took off my heels and ran, leaving him standing in the rain. 

Vinchenzo's confusion didn't seem to really sit well with me.

"Remembering the story that you told me on the night after the cheating incident had taken place, after the mafia ball I think it was. You mentioned someone who you thought was suspicious by the name of Callum Vas. You told me that Callum was the person who drew your attention to Vinchenzo's whereabouts and even pointed out his location. Are you sure that Callum Vas has your best intentions at heart, Arianna?" Luciano had said to me sending me into a reeling whiz of thoughts.

"It can't be! It just can't be!" I muttered to myself as I scrubbed the shampoo out of my hair.

Callum was an odd player. He seemed innocent, but something was off about him. He seemed as though his entire persona of being nice and kind was simply a facade he chose to hide behind. Luciano had definitely planted a huge seed of doubt in my mind towards what Callum's intentions truly were.

I decided that thinking about everything was just giving me a headache and peaking the anxiety that was bubbling in my stomach. I quickly finished my shower, did my make up impeccably and chose a royal purple dress that fit me like a second glove. The dress had a matte bodice that had an intricate piece of lace sown in. I slipped on a pair of silver high heels and made my way down to the car. I knew I had a pair of slippers in it.

"Good evening Serena!" I greeted the lady at the front office before I made my way to the car. 

I connected my phone to the Bluetooth of my car and began following the GPS to Ai Fiori. When I pulled into the parking lot, to say that I was nervous is a heavy understatement. There were butterflies - actually a whole damn zoo - currently residing in my stomach. As soon as the clock on my dashboard read eight pm, I got out of my car and confidently walked towards the entrance of the restaurant. There I saw Vinchenzo patiently waiting for me.

"Red, you came," he said nodding.

I sighed, "If you don't recall, I was basically forced into this."

"No one was holding a gun to your head." He shrugged as he approached the hostess who immediately assisted us.

"I have one request," Vinchenzo stated as soon as we were seated and handed the menus.

"What?" I demanded.

"That you stop frowning and actually try to enjoy this meal. I heard that it is a good restaurant."

"I can't do that." I said shaking my head, "Did you forget that you tried to kill my best friend and then proceed to threaten me. You have done other worse things."

"Like what?" Vinchenzo asked as he leaned forward. His golden watch was slightly reflecting the light.

"Let me jog your memory," I said with contempt, "You cheated on me. You cheated on me with a woman you claimed to heavily hate," Vinchenzo looked confused, "With Eliza Stalias." I said clearly.

He frowned, "That where I would love to stop you, Red. I have never cheated on you in my life."

I scoffed, "So are you telling me that I am blind?"

"Of course, that is not what I am saying. I am trying to ask if perhaps you may have not seen it correctly. I would rather chug hydrochloric acid than go anywhere near that witch." He said as he sipped the lemon water.

"You are lying."

"What would I gain from lying to you?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow and began to intently study me.

"I don't know!" I hissed.

"I hat being accused of something I didn't do. I never went anywhere with Eliza on the night of the ball, nor did she come near me. Your accusations are not in place."

"Where is your evidence?" I demanded.

Hey Guys!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, Is Vinchenzo lying or is he telling the truth?

Leave your thoughts in the comment section and make sure that you vote if you liked this chapter! Until next time...

XOXO

Perla