Chapter 6 - Tick Tock Goes The Clock

I could almost hear the sound of the clock echoing in my ears. Tick, tock, tick, tock it went. Ten minutes was all I had to get Luciano and abandon the club before it got blown up by the bomb Trevor had planted a mere second ago.

Controlled by fear I slammed the door open and made my way out of the room, into the bare corridors and back towards where I'd seen the VIP tables.

"Stop!" A voice, laced with a thick Italian accent, called.

I stood still in my tracks. I knew that voice anywhere. It was the voice that had been haunting and hurting me. The voice that came out of the mouth that cheated on me. The voice that belonged to the man who used to have my heart but willing chose to toss it aside aa though it were nothing but a cheap piece of plastic. The man I wasn't willing to forgive.

"Turn around!" He commanded.

I did as he said and turned around, only to be faced with the most eccentric green eyes I had seen. They were emotionless. His mouth was twisted in a frown as he looked back at me. I noticed something stirring in his eyes but he immediately concealed it.

"Vinchenzo?" I gasped, "What are you doing here?"

"Non sono affari tuoi," He grumbled before looking at me, "Who are you?"

[None of your business.]

I was taken aback by his response. It was so cold, so uncaring. Although I believed that there was a glimmer of recognition in his eyes. He knew exactly who I was.

"Guess I'll remain a stranger," I said as I walked off on my way to find Luciano. I had exactly 6 minutes, as they had wasted 4 precious minutes of mine, to find him and for both of us to get out and move a safe distance away.

"Luciano! Luciano! Where are you?" I yelled, frantically dialling his phone number. 5 minutes left...

I ran around from booth to booth searching for him.  I checked behind the bars and even beneath tables, I checked all the rooms that had pool tables. 3 minutes left...

Time was ticking and just when I thought he would be killed, my phone vibrated to life and Luciano's name flashed near the caller ID section.

"Get out of here!" I hissed into the phone, "We have two minutes. They're going to bomb down the whole place! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I found a few files and I've dragged them out already." He said, "I'm by the car. Get out quickly!"

Without answering I ended the call and made my way down the stairs. I could hear screaming and shouting coming from where I had just been. I was running across the massive, now empty, dance floor area when I felt the whole building shake. My heart was racing, and I could feel it pounding quickly in my throat. My hands were clad with sweat as I carried on running, trying to find an exit.

The place we had entered through was locked and barricaded. They had made use of heavy iron doors to seal it shut.

Frantically searching for another way out, the loud sound blasted from a near distance. The noise was deafening. My body shook as I continued running down a random corridor, narrowly missing the pieces of debris that were collapsing from above me.

I heard the hisses of the vents as they became undone, releasing all that they had harboured into the oxygen, intoxicating it.

I felt lightheaded as I carried on running forward. Knowing there was no hope whatsoever, I fell to my knees coughing. I felt horrified as I felt more small pieces of rubble fall on me.

"Arianna!" I heard someone yell. I didn't know exactly who it was but I could only guess that it was Luciano who was coming back for me, he was the only one in this club who genuinely cared about my well-being.

"Go!" I screamed, "Save yourself! Go! Run!" I shouted with panic as I tried my hardest to stumble onto my feet.

My knees were quaking. My forehead was dripping with sweat. My throat was dry, my face tear-stained after I realised that this was how my life was going to end.

"Don't give up! Move forward! Hurry up!" The voice yelled at me again. I simply could not decipher who the voice belonged to me. As irritating as it was, all of the dust and smoke that was coming from the debris was obscuring my vision.

"I'm not leaving without you! Push yourself!"

"I can't!" I cried out as I tripped over a wooden log. My dress ripped and my leg was scratched by a long nail

As I struggled to stand up, strong and warm hands snaked around my waist hoisting me up.

"We won't make it," I whispered as I heard more rumbling sounds, "We will not make it!" I screamed.

"Will you have some faith?" He yelled back at me.

"Who are you?"

"We're trying to escape a building that's about to cave in on us any minute and the only thing you're interested in is my name?" They screamed back.

"If I'm going to die, I want to know who the hero is." I said, "Even though you failed."

"I will get us safely out of here." He said as he began running, "I promise you that. Just have some faith."

"You're running to our death," I said with a dark chuckle.

"Almost there!" He yelled as he dodged the pile of glass that had fallen out of windowpane, "Don't panic. We have seven more minutes before the large bomb will detonate. The ones that have gone off are the small ones, the next one to go off will kill everything." He explained aa he carried on running forward with me cradled tightly in his arms.

I hid my face in his chest as he continued forward, inhaling the awful scent of petrol. I grimaced but I couldn't look ahead anymore, I couldn't watch the building collapse on us.

"I'm scared," I whispered.

"Hold on tight, Red. I won't let anything hurt you."

Hey Reddies

Ssssuuuurrrpriiisseee Shawttyyyy!
(I have no clue why I said that, forgive me.)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I have to say, I've been proud of my updating progress. I'll try my best to carry on uploading a brand new chapter every few days or so...

In the meantime, if you enjoyed this chapter make sure you vote and leave a comment, detailing your thoughts! I'd love to hear them! See you next update!

Xoxo
Perla