꒰ ͜͡➸ they find your goodbye letter *TW*

Start from the beginning

"it did?" rain sniffled, his voice shaky. "you did. you do. everyday i spend with you there's more reason in my life to stay. i love you rain. i would never leave you." you whispered, your voice soft as you tried to calm your boyfriend, though the tears in your eyes told him that you were just as distressed as he was.

"i love you, too." rain's lip quivered and he was hugging you again. "satan, i love you so much. please don't ever leave me." rain sobbed. a cry wracked through your body as you hugged rain back tightly, the thought of him wearing all black in front of your casket, his helmet off as he stared down at you making your gut churn.

"i promise i'm never going to leave your side. never."

—MOUNTAIN—

- he honestly thought one of the ghouls was playing a really fucked up joke.
- he followed the directions on where you supposedly were, realizing the letter was leading him to the tree the two of you met at.
- that's when he knew the letter was serious. most of the other ghouls didn't know about the tree. and while he wouldn't put it past swiss, he was relatively sure that the multi-ghoul wouldn't pull something like this.

mountain's breathing was heavy as he ran through the trees, blocking sticks with his arms and ducking away from ones that ricocheted back to hit him again.

mountain stumbled into the clearing once more, heaving dryly as he looked around. his hand pressed to his forehead as he didn't see you, pure panic in his system.

though, his eyes landed on a disturbance in the grass. someone was laying down. someone who he couldn't tell was breathing or not.

mountain's breath was knocked out of him as he ran over, an intense dizziness taking over his skull as he saw you laying down, your eyes closed.

"oh, lucifer.." mountain's breathing became erratic as he tried to get a grasp of his surroundings, feeling himself start to become disconnected from the world.

mountain dropped to his knees, running his hand through your hair to get it out of your face as he began shaking you, whispering your name so you would hopefully wake up.

"satan, please... please wake up." mountain begged, shaking you even harder.

then you reacted to his touch.

mountain felt the weight of his lifetime slip from his shoulders as relief washed over him.

mountain finally let the tears hit as he leaned over you, pressing his head into your collarbone as he began whispering a multitude of 'thank you's to satan.

"mountain..?" you whispered. mountain let out a cry, hugging you tighter. you hugged mountain back, noticing a paper wrapped up by his tail.

you slowly took it, mountain not doing much to stop you.

tears filled your eyes as you read the paper sister kaitlyn swore she had burned.

"mountain, i didn't write this." you whispered. "w.. what?" mountain asked, pulling away from you. you sat up, quickly taking one of his hands in yours.