Fake or not? Elmax

Start from the beginning

"Hello?"

"Hey dad it's El"

"El? Where are you?"

"I'm at maxes"

"Oh"

"Is that ok?"

"Yeah that's fine be home before dinner though"

"Ok thanks dad"

"Bye el have fun"

El puts the phone away and looks back at max

"They said i could stay"

"Oh good, we should at least try to sleep a bit as it's already 4:47"

"Yeah your right"

Max gives el a pair of pyjamas and she quickly changes them the two get into maxes bed and fall asleep.

Ring ring ring maxes phone rings
She groans and goes to answer it

"Hello?"

"Hey it's dustin we are all planning to go to the mall today. Want to come?"

"Let me ask el one second"

Max walks over and gently shakes el awake she wakes up slowly

"Hey Dustin called and asked if we want to join everyone at the mall today?"

"Yeah sure"

Max goes back over to the phone and tell Dustin yes once she hangs up she goes back over to el and sits next to her.

"You know we are gonna have to start that plan"

"Oh yay we are going to make Mike so jealous!"

Max chuckles

The two get dressed and leave maxes trailer. El looks over at Eddie's trailer to see Steve leaving it.

"Is that Steve?"

"Yeah. Aye Steve!!"

Steve jumps at the sound of the girl calling him.  He walks over to the two of them.

"Hey girls"

"Hi steve"

"Hey steve"

"You guys coming to the mall today to?"

"Yeah we were about to leave"

"You want a ride? I don't need to pick up robin as she's coming with Nancy"

"Yeah sure"

"Ok"

"Though i do need to pick up dustin"

"That's fine"

The three get into Steve's car with the two girls in the back.

"So when should we start?" Max whispers to El

"You know one of you could've sat in the front"

"That's ok steve i would rather sit next to my girlfriend" el says casually

Both steve and max look at her shocked but max soon gets over it and scoots closer to her fake girlfriend

"So you two are a couple now?"

"Yeah"

"That's so great!"

"Really?" El asks seeming surprised

"It's ok el Steve's chill"

"Oh.."

They pull up in front of Dustin's house and he joins the girls in the back.

"Oh hey guys"

"Hey"

"Hi"

"Steve!" Dustin suddenly yelled

"Yeah?"

"We need to pick up eddie"

"Alright"

El leans her head on maxes shoulder and sighs

Dustin who just seemed to notice the girls acting different than usual asks "so what's going on with the two of you"

The two girls give each other a look of knowing

"We're dating"

"Oh damn! That's cool. What about Lucas and mike?"

Neither of the girls say anything. They pull back into the trailer park and get Eddie.

"Hey ba-"

Steve slaps his arm before he could finish his sentence.

"Hey everyone" he gives Steve an annoyed look.

Eventually they make it to the mall the two girls walk in holding hands. They walk around aimlessly for a while till they find their friends near the fountain. The large group walks around for a while Mike keeps glaring over at max and el. Will walks over to them.

"El where were you last night?"

"I was at my girlfriends"

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah girlfriend"

"Yeah me"

"You two are dating!?"

"Well i guess we don't need to tell the others now"

"Sorry" will said looking guilty

"It's ok"

"Yeah will it's ok"

Mike storms over angrily he pushes Will out of the way.

"You left me for a stupid dyke!"

"You left me Mike! You can't control what i do! Fuck off!" El screams at him while tears stream down her face

The rest of the group had gone silent staring at the usually quiet eleven. El who was now embarrassed drops maxes hand and runs over to the bathroom still crying.

Max shoots Mike a glare before running behind el. "El wait!"

She followed el into the bathroom where she finds her sitting on the floor of an open stall with her knees to her chest. Max closes the stall door and sits down next to el.

"Are you ok?"

"NO MAX IM NOT OK! MIKE JUST CALLED ME A STUPID DYKE WHICH IS ALL I WIL EVER BE IN HIS EYES! AND WEll maybe i don't only want to be fake dating you"

"What do you mean?"

"I like you max like actually like you and i understand that you don't feel the same way."

Max lifts Els face by her chin and wipes the tears off of her face.

"Of course i feel the same way"

"R-really? But you said..."

"Ignore what i said i only said that so you wouldn't hate me."

"So would you maybe want to actually date?"

"I would really like that"

Max leans in and gives el a quick kiss before helping her off the floor.

"Come on let's go have fun with our friends and if that dumbass Mike says anything else i will kill him"