chapter twenty two - marks

Beginne am Anfang

"Yes, I do actually." She says before continuing, "Mimi."

"Mimi." I whisper, not being familiar with it. I've never heard anyone call her that before.

"But only a few people are allowed to call me that."

"Who?" I question, finishing with the last braid in my hair, putting a hair tie at the end.

"Greyson, obviously. Luca, Jacob and .. you." She smiles, making my heart feel a little touched. Suck it, bitches. I'm allowed to call her Mimi. Can you? Right, I didn't think so.

"Really?"

"Yeah." She spins around again, checking herself out in the mirror. She looks like she's about to tell herself that she's not pretty but I open my mouth, speaking up before her.

"You're gorgeous." I say, taking a deep breath, "Mimi."

Her smile only gets wider when I say the last word, touching the end of the dress with her fingers, "Do you really think so?"

"Always." I state, standing up from her bed and making my way towards her, "Are you kidding me? You're the most beautiful girl I've seen and I'm proud to call you my best friend."

She turns her body to me, staring at me. Her smile is brighter than ever and I can tell she's happy. I'm happy if she's happy.

"You really mean that?"

"Of course I do, what do you think?" I return the smile, throwing my arms over her.

She wraps her own arms around my torso, holding onto me for her life. Like she never wants to let go. Like she's never had a friend like this before.

"I'm so grateful I have you, Leila. You have no idea of how much I needed a friend like this when I first came here." She says, pulling away from me. Her dimples are the cutest thing.

It's my favourite feature in her face. Her dimples.

God, her smile is just like her mother's.

"I love you, Mimi."

"I love you, too, Leila."

- - -

We've been trying on different outfits for the past hours and we look fucking hot. We're also the same size so that's a bonus.

"What do you think?" I show off the black dress I'm wearing with a slit on my thigh, going a little bit too high.

"You look hot." Mila says, showing off the red dress she's wearing now. She has changed her outfit for the eleventh time but she looks hot in all of them. She just doesn't wanna admit it yet.

"Girls, it's 11 pm. What the fuck are you doing in dresses?" We both jump at the sudden voice, snapping our eyes at the door.

"Luca!" I exclaim, "What the fuck?!"

"What?"

"There's something called knocking if you didn't know that!" Mila says, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Relax, relax." He says, stepping into her room, "I was just bored."

"Can't you go disturb Jacob? Or Brooks?"

"They're both asleep. Shouldn't you know he's always sleeping at this hour?" He looks at Mila while saying the last sentence.

"Yeah, I know. I know my boyfriend very well, I just don't want you to bug us when we're feeling ourselves." She exclaims, turning back to the mirror and tugging on her dress.

"I-"

"You look stunning, babe." I say before she can speak and she smiles at me through the mirror, giving me a mental hug.