Inner voices (Smallishbeans)

Start from the beginning

'Tch, as if, they want you to leave.'

Stop, I don't want to leave.

'You could kill them'

What? No!

'They deserve it'

Stop with the killing! We are not in last life anymore!

'It doesn't matter'

Shut up!

'Do it, your sword is right over there'

No!

'Come on Joel, be a man and face it, everybody is against you'

"ShutupshutupshutupSHUTUP!" I yelled, hands over my ears and knees to my chest. Tears fell from my eyes as I tried to stop everything. The shaking needed to stop, the crying, the yelling, the pathetic mess I am, all of it.

"Pa? Are you okay?"

My body went stiff, Hermes was here. Be his dad, panic later when they're all gone.

I wiped my tears and slowly moved back to a normal criss cross situation. "Of course Hermes, come here." I said softly, holding out my gloved hands to Hermes to climb into.

He got on the bed with the help of his other dad then crawled into my lap, nuzzling into my chest.

"Joel, are you... alright? Seriously." Sausage asked, sitting down next to me. 

"To be honest? Not really! But I'll be fine, go off and do your projects, I'll drop off Hermes in a bit." I said, my voice still a whisper. 

I glanced up to see Scott about to light a rocket when Lizzie nudged him, hard. "Er-Sorry for yelling at you a while back Joel, I didn't mean it." He sighed. "It's alright rainbow, go off to your empire." I chuckled.

'He's lying, he doesn't care'

Not now.

Jimmy flew off with Scott, Lizzie and Sausage stayed, Lizzie even sitting down on the opposite side of me. 

"Tell us what's wrong, now." Lizzie said sternly.

"It's nothing, I'm fine. Right Hermes?" My voice was so broken,  it's unbelievable that I had let myself fall apart in front of anyone. "Pa, you do look kinda sad."

"Joel, please, I'm your wife and Sausage is your boyfriend. Tell us if you need anything." 

I took in a deep breath, and explained...everything. My mom leaving, my dad, last life. I found myself struggling to explain the voice that haunted my mind. They stayed silent as I struggled to do so.

"The uh- you know in last life Lizzie? You were there. The voices that would talk to you whenever they wanted to." Lizzie nodded along, seeming intrigued.

'Don't say a word about us, I'm just here to tell the truth'

Shut up I can do what I want.

 'Oh Joel you need me.'

I don't need you

'Tell them.'

What?

'Do it Joel. I won't go away if you tell them so just do it'

 "They didn't leave when I got out of the competition." I blurted out.

"What?" Lizzie said, her voice was stern. Sausage just looked confused but went with it anyway. "The voice still talks to me, it tells me things, to tell you just now, telling me that you all don't care about me. I know it's not true...I think. Maybe Scott hates me, probably Jimmy and Fwhip too."  I mumbled the last bit. Thinking.

"That's not true! We care about you! Right Sausage!?" "Yeah!" They yelled, the second they saw me flinch they quieted themselves and apologized. 

"It's fine, thanks. Uhm, can you just... I dunno, Stay here for a bit? Y-you don't have to of course! I don't mind if you leave." I managed to spit out the question. 

Lizzie chuckled lightly and leaned on my shoulder, her tail curling around my waist. Sausage grabbed my chest and dragged me to lay down on the bed, he curled up to my side. Hermes weaseled his way between Sausage and I.

"Thanks guys."

"Shut up and sleep Joel." My wife groaned.

"Night then?"

___________

I'm not really happy with this tbh but hey, it's out. 

(1689 words)