Inner voices (Smallishbeans)

Start from the beginning

 But then Scott, Scott lashed out, we all knew he meant nothing by it. Scott was like that sometimes.

____(back to Joel)___

"Scott! hey! how is the Empire going?" 

"Hey Joel, uhm, not bad I guess. Just busy."

"Could you hang out later then? I was bored and I-"

"Nobody wants to hang out with you Joel! I said I was busy, so I will be going!" Scott shouted at me before flying off. I stood, frozen in place for a short moment. 

'It's true you know, nobody likes you. He left because of you.'

I tensed up severely and held back anything that looked like I could be upset before rocketing off to my house.

'Nobody wants you here, you should go somewhere else.'

No

'you know it's right, nobody would ever want this pathetic thing'

Stop

I landed on the bridge to upper Stratos and rushed to my home. Beds are nice, not safe, but nice.

'stay here where nobody has to deal with you.'

Fine

So that's what happened.

___(3rd pov; three weeks later)___

"Has anyone seen Joel lately?" Jimmy asked. "Probably working on his huge castle, but it has been a while, when was the last time anyone saw him?" Lizzie said. The  group glanced around. "I got Hermes from him a month ago, Hermes said that Joel wanted to be alone for a while." 

When Sausage said that he seemed to realize how much of a red flag that was for a person like Joel. "Jimmy?" He asked. Jimmy shrugged, "Uhm, he showed me a toy of me and then flew off a while back. "Scott. How about you?" Sausage asked. 

The cyanette scratched the back of his neck, "three weeks ago I think,  he uh, was being clingy and I yelled a him a bit... He just kind of stood there and I flew off."

"Lets just check his base, I'll bet he's just on a building spree." Lizzie sighed, shooting up into the air. The others followed shortly after.

___(Joel)___

"Joel? You in your house?!" Jimmy yelled through the door. I winced at the loudness of it, apparently being alone with nothing but bad thoughts doesn't help much with it all. I wiped away any sense of being upset, I was not upset anyway. "Yeah Toy Boy!?" I said, my voice not a yell, but just shy of it. 

Jimmy slammed the door open, earning another flinch in return. He ran up to me, holding his hand up to-

"Joel?"

I just then realized my position, knees to my chest, one arm covering half of my head.

I tried to shake it off, forcing myself to grin and move my legs and arm down. "yeah Jim? Been a while ey? an-" 

"No Joel, what was that?" he asked.

I chuckled lightly, it was so forced I hated it. "What? Don't have any battle reflexes like I do?" 

"Joel?! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? HERMES MISSED YOU!" Sausage ran in, Hermes on his shoulders. That got me to flinch, a noticeable one. 

'They don't like you, yelling at you is bad. they know that'

Shut up.

'They hate you'

No they don't, Lizzie likes me.