꒰ ͜͡➸ when you realized you have feelings for them

Start from the beginning

"rainnnn!" you called as you set your clothes on the floor in the corner, making sure they were as neatly folded as you could get them in your exhausted state.

immediately, rain was coming back into his room, smiling widely at you.

his eyes danced up and down your body as he examined you in his clothes, his stomach doing flips as his heart ran a couple hundred miles an hour.

"i think you need a nickname." you slurred, stumbling over to rain's bed with his help. "really?" rain questioned, subtly entertaining you.

"mhm.." you nodded, climbing into his bed, laying down closest to the wall. "and what would that be?" rain asked, climbing into bed next to you, laying his head on his pillow. you rolled onto your side, looking into his blue eyes that seemed to be fading to brown as he became more relaxed.

"raindrop." you grinned. rain's face immediately caught on fire as he smiled widely. "i like it." rain whispered. "you do?" you asked. rain hummed and nodded, pulling you closer to him for a hug. you smiled, leaning into his chest as he ran his fingers through your hair.

something flicked in your mind at the action, your eyebrows furrowing.

"rain?" you mumbled. "hm?" rain hummed, rubbing your back to sooth the tension you'd gained. "thank you for letting me stay the night.." you mumbled as realization dawned on you, your face heating up.

i like rain.. you thought.

"'course.. don't want you getting hurt." rain said, his voice low as he pressed a short kiss to your forehead. you're face heated up even more at the sound of his voice rumbling in your ear.

i love rain... you amended.

—MOUNTAIN—

- you were talking to swiss, funnily enough.
- apparently swiss thought that you and mountain would be a good couple, so he was trying to set you two up.

"c'mon, mountain is one of the best ghouls here and he's closest with you out of everyone else. you aren't even a part of the ministry yet!" swiss groaned, setting his cup down. you rolled your eyes. "that doesn't mean that i like him. plus, even if i did, i doubt he'd like me back." you deadpanned. swiss could've laughed, but he knew he had to keep mountain's feelings for you a secret until the earth ghoul was ready.

"who even set you up to this anyway? was it dew? y'all probably think this is hilarious." you scoffed. swiss immediately sat upright, staring you dead in the eye.

"this is all me, y/n. i asked aether about it and he thought you and mountain would be cute together too. do you seriously have no feelings for him?" swiss asked. "none." you stated, looking down at your hands and messing with your fingers. "look me in the eye and tell me that—maybe i'll believe you." swiss deadpanned. you looked up staring swiss in the eye and opening your mouth to talk.

but nothing came out.

you're heart dropped as realization dawned on you.

i like mountain.. you thought.

swiss' deadpan quickly morphed into a smile as he slammed his fist down onto the table, pointing at you after.