"To ruin the Macallis? Sherida, what is it? Let me be clear, who is this fiance of yours?"

"He isn't well known within our group because he didn't want to be involved with us."

To Crein, the image he now saw Jaejin in was arrogant and flippant. 

"His father is the chairman of the HW Financial group. He's the only son. They also have a strong foothold in South Korea. Their background is strong also."

"HW Financial Group? Does the chairman goes by the name Hanjool Min..."

"It's the last name before the first," she interrupted.

"I don't care about that right now, Sherida, answer the question," Crein pressed. 

This time she was genuinely concerned about this guy's behavior. He was known to be composed at all times.

"Yes. Yes, that's his name."

He held her gaze, searching for something in her eyes. Crein backed down after seeing how she was clueless about the information he possessed about that Korean-based company. Adding that to her shoulder will be a bad idea. Did her father purposely hold back this news?
"What's his son's name?"

"Jaejin." The man's name came out with a wistful sigh and trembling smile. Does she really care for this guy so much? He waited for her to continue.

"He decided to reject me. I would have preferred it if he did it through his father but doing it in such a way to harm both families, he's more heartless than I thought. I'm sure you would have done it better."
She sighed and fell heavily against the cushions behind her. Eyes glistening with tears, she revealed what had happened between her and Jaejin.
"I can never forget how condescending he looked when he spoke. Jaejin always had an indifferent look making his pure Korean features so exotic, ethereal if you must, but that look of disgust broke me. His words made it worse." Sherida sighed again to make her sob story more appealing to the 'chivalrous' Crein Alsworth. Sea blue eyes and natural blonde with handsome features - a typical prince charming.
" 'Girls like you are one of the reasons why men prefer to be with the same sex. Spoilt, pretentious, and arrogant are beyond changing especially in you.' I don't know what he heard about me when we rarely saw each other. I tried to visit him with cooked meals but with him or his friend, Adam sent me away. When he was hospitalized, I was denied entry to visit him at the hospital and his home. The nurse, if you can call her blocked my path then a man with a French accent assaulted me and forced me to leave. What did I do?"

As expected Crein was furious but kept control of his anger. Someone placed their hands on his future woman?! 

"You know, I'm surprised he had a good friend on his side. Who will want to be around so callous? Veron and I became friends due to him being the connection. She wanted to know why his actions towards me were that way. When confronted he boldly declared his preferences. He's gay."

"WHAT?!"

"He said he-is-gay. Do you know what that means in our circle? That's losing face and bringing mockery not only myself but our families." The anguish on her face sold her story. 

"It can be a lie to dissuade you. Another plot to push you away."

Sherida shook her head and sat up. She leaned towards Crein, her lips formed into a trembling smile. "I had my people keep an eye on him. The French guy I mentioned before has been visiting him constantly and even spent the weekend. They even..."

"What?"

".... saw them k-kissing..."

Crein's face crumpled in disgust. He pulled Sherida into his side for a comforting hug when he saw her glistening tears threatening to fall. "It's okay. I'm sure your father will clear all of this up. Why don't you focus on the career you recently started."