Loving you is Hard!

THE UNKNOWN STALKER PART 34....
the_seven_signs

Three weeks before the final exam-

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, reflecting on the events of the past month. Sitting alone on an unfamiliar bench, far away from Taehyung, made me feel like the culprit in this situation. It was hard to believe that we, two inseparable individuals, had not exchanged a single word with each other. It was unbelievable how we had grown so distant. An unfinished silence lingered between us, with no signs of resolution or negotiation.

The pain of knowing that the person who meant the world to me was behaving this way was unbearable. Why did all of this happen? Why did Taehyung feel the need for a confession? Why couldn't I set aside my guilt and talk to the most important person in my life? And why did what Min Yoongi did to me still hurt so much? So many unanswered questions filled my mind, and the weight of them pressed down on me relentlessly.

I opened my eyes, feeling as if I were suffocating in deep waters. In reality, I was struggling during swimming class, surrounded by other students who were unaware of the turmoil I was experiencing. I frantically paddled my hands and legs, but it felt as if I couldn't move a muscle. I was sinking deeper and deeper into the water, until a strong arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me up. I opened my eyes and saw Taehyung by my side, holding me tightly as we swam towards the pool stairs.

Once we reached safety, he helped me climb out of the pool and handed me my towel and some water. I looked at him, grateful for his assistance, and took them from him, covering myself up. But before I could say anything, he spoke sternly, not even looking at me but at the other students in the pool.

"You should be more careful and not swim if you don't have control over your body."

"I know how to swim, I was just..."

"You were just what, Y/N? If I hadn't seen you in time, who knows what could have happened to you! What was so important to you that you risked your own life?"

"You, Kim Taehyung! It was you. It was us!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, realizing too late the attention I had drawn from everyone at the pool. Taehyung looked baffled, and I felt immense embarrassment wash over me. Without another word, I hurriedly left the place.

In the changing room, Jisyoung approached me with concern evident on her face. She asked, "What was that, Y/N?"

"I-I don't know, Jisyoung. I just... I couldn't hold it in."

"It's okay, Y/N. You don't have to explain when you don't have the answers. Just come here." She hugged me tightly, and that was all it took for the floodgates to open. I couldn't stop my tears from streaming down my face as I cried.

"I feel so miserable for treating him like that, Jis. He doesn't deserve it. He deserves so much more—more love, more sincerity, more faith from the person he loves. And I can't give him any of it. I just wish I wasn't such a coward, so afraid to fall in love because of my past."

"But, Jis, Yoongi... Yoongi, I gave him everything. He was my first love, and how am I supposed to heal when that love itself feels like a devil, dragging me back into darkness? He gave me so much to remember, both good and bad," I sobbed in her arms, seeking solace.

"Shush, Y/N. It's alright, my dear. Calm down and take a deep breath in, and then slowly exhale. I'm here for you. Taehyung, of course, deserves so much better because you were his first love, and it's heartbreaking to see it end like this. I understand that there are two perspectives to consider.

But right now, you need time. You need to heal from the wounds that still linger within you. It's okay to take a step back and focus on yourself first. Time is a great healer, and in due course, both of you can find a way to mend what's broken.