90. The End Of A Story

Start from the beginning

Claude clenched his teeth, his hands fisting into a tight ball until his knuckles turned white. "I'll protect everything for you. Nothing will hurt you or anyone."

"I know." You softened. "I know, Claude. That's why I can leave everything in your care without any worry. You will be there to protect them this time and in return, they will protect you too."

Your expression made Claude grit his teeth while veins popped on his neck as he tried to rein in his violent emotions.

Do you know what kind of expression you wore? Could you see the despair and defeat in your eyes that he could see?

"I don't want them," Claude's eyes flashed coldly, the dark gleam in them intensifying. His tone was laced with the stubbornness of a child. "I want you."

"You have me." You said. "You will always have me. I'm only yours."

"Then," Claude pushed off the door and reached out to you. "Don't leave. Stay with me. Whatever the problem is, we both can resolve it together. Like we have done till now."

You stepped back and plopped down on your bed. Why was it so hard to convince him?

You were relieved and happy that he had gotten far better at expressing his thoughts and feelings but today you felt it was better if he didn't. It was painful to hear his unfiltered thoughts and emotions voiced out desperately. His expressed feelings were too strong for you to simply ignore them.

You rubbed your eyes as you thought of the proper way to make him understand.

Claude took your silence the wrong way. He crouched before you, leaving little space as you asked him to. He let out a heavy breath."..I know I'm not worthy of your love or forgiveness--"

"No!"

You lifted your head and glared at him. And Claude flinched back at the intensity of your annoyance.

"Never say that again. We didn't come this far only for you to revert back. You know you're worth the world. You deserve all the happiness the world can offer. Claude, don't start with the bullshit of not being deserving enough. I'll seriously punch you."

Claude's breathing hitched, heart fluttering despite the situation and he frowned under your stern gaze and opened his mouth. "I don't get it. Then why do you have to leave?"

He was frustrated beyond words. His magic pulsed dangerously, barely suppressed and kept under lock. He was so tempted to lock you up, chain you to him just to calm down the fearful pulse of his heart. His hands tightly fisted on his thighs as he kept them from reaching you.

You lowered your head. "Because I have to. Because that's what's best for everyone."

"Best for who?" Claude snapped and looked like he wanted to shake some sense into you. "For who, (Y/n)? Who's going to be happy about it?"

This time you shrank under his cold stern glare "...You won't understand."

Like a defence, you kept repeating those words.

"You're right." Claude roughly nodded his head. "I don't understand. I don't understand why the fuck you think abandoning us is going to be best for anyone. I don't understand why you keep saying I won't understand. You think I'm an idiot?"

"No," You mumbled, shoulders dropping as you shrink into yourself. "I'm not abandoning anyone. I..."

You were startled when he suddenly grabbed your arms and forced you to look at him.

"Is the damn woman again? Is she forcing you?" Claude asked, his gaze darkened "I'll kill her."

Suddenly all emotions faded away from your eyes. Right, your gaze flickered to the windows and the mist swirling outside. You wasted enough time already. Crazy lady must be waiting for you.