60. Punishment

You blinked blankly at him. Head cocked to the side in bafflement.

"Brew tea....?"

Seconds ago he was all intense and threatening and now he was asking for tea. Were you missing something?

I mean hurray! You weren't dying. Making tea was a small price for that.

But it is too easy. Wasn't the punishment...not that much of a punishment?

Claude's eyes were emotionless and cold. His expression pure apathy and boredom. He stared at you few seconds before going back to his paperwork.

"Get going." Claude flipped the page and gave you a short dismissive glare. "I won't wait all day."

You stood rooted. Really that's all? You just had to make tea and BAM he'd be happy?

Fishy...

No, it's the whole aquarium...

You squinted at him in suspicious but forced a smile when he stared at you.

"Don't use magic. I'll know if you did. Make the tea with your own hands." Claude paused. "You're still standing? Scram."

You jumped, alert and quickly turned around to leave. But then you stopped.

Turning around with a sheepish smile you asked, "Where's the kitchen?"

"...." Claude slowly scowled, eyes flashing dangerously.

Idiot! How would he know that?! He's the Emperor, not the butler. I deserve to die for my stupidity!

"Never mind! I'll just ask the stuff!" You said hurriedly. "Um, then I guess I should get going?"

"...."

"Yeah, I should definitely get going." With a short, ungraceful bow you staggered outside.

You heavily leaned against the door after stepping out.

"What's going on?" You mumbled to yourself. "Is he toying with me?"

You wondered if you were reading him wrong. If you were exaggerating the situation and missing the point.

With a heavy sigh, you pushed yourself away from the door. You could think about it later. Right now making tea for the bipolar tyrant was important.

You walked towards the main Palace. You had to cross the ground in between the two palaces. The moment you step in the sun, you hissed. It was hot.

You quickly made your way to the Main Palace. You looked around for guidance and stopped dead middle of the hallway.

"Um, excuse me?" You stopped a passing maid. "Can you tell me where's the kitchen?"

The maid scanned you from head to toe, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. "It's on the left wing. Second hallway."

"Thanks!"

"Are you a new maid?"

You smiled tightly. "Yeah, something like that."

A Royal healer and a bounty hunter reduced to being a maid. When did your life get demoted?

It took another five minutes to find the kitchen. Once you did find it oh boy, you were in awe.

The kitchen looked straight out of a five-star restaurant. Sparkling clean. With fancy equipment placed neatly in an appropriate place. At least fifty staff members were working.

"Do ya need something, Miss?" A bald man asked who seem to be the Head chief.

After awkwardly explaining things, he guided to a marbled counter.