81. Blissful Days

Fingers tapping on the surface of the table matched the rhythm of your legs as you bounced them up and down. Many documents were sprawled across the table, you switched between correcting them and making changes to approve them.

"Mi'lady, the decorator has come."

Putting down the pen, you stretched your body and let out a yawn. Getting up from your seat, you nodded to Hannah. "Show him the Golden palace. I'll be there in a minute."

Hannah nodded eagerly and left with your command. And another maid came over with a message.

"The dress has arrived, mi'lady. The seamstress said she made it exactly with the design you provided her and is asking if you want to make any modifications."

You brightened up at the prospect of that, "Take her to the drawing room. I'll meet her once I'm done with the decorator. And make sure Athy doesn't see the dress. Can't have our surprise ruined, now can we?"

The maid smiling left to abide. Only for another maid to arrive. You didn't seem to have the luxury to catch a breath.

"The chief was asking what should be the main theme for the food."

Without missing a beat, you replied over your shoulder as you hurried to meet the decorator, "Mix Cuisine. Delegates and Ambassadors from other Empires will be attending the debutante too. We can't leave them out. Tell the chief the food theme should be Mix cuisine."

A tired yawn escaped your lips as you pushed passed the servants scurrying around to prepare for the upcoming banquet. You stopped at the center, inspecting the palace where the debutante would be held.

"Is this to your liking, Mi' lady?"

You were impressed, eyes wide in awe. Everything was sparkling gold. Red carpets lined up on the floor, pristine white cape with golden embroidery covered the pillar and the railings. A matching set of soft-hued flowers were placed neatly at the appropriate places. You beamed at the decorator. "You did a fantastic job. There's only one thing I want to change. The chandeliers should be gold-plated. And add two more at the center. That's the spotlight, where the dancing will take place. I don't want it to look bland."

The decorator bowed. "Of course, Mi'lady. I'll get to it right away."

Sighing softly, you rubbed your throbbing forehead from lack of proper sleep -courtesy of a certain someone- when a glass of water came into your view.

"You're working hard. Rest a little. "

Taking the glass of water offered by worried Lily, you shook your head.

"It's Athys' debutant, her first debutant. I want it to be a perfect and unforgettable day for her. This will be her first appearance in public too, I have to make it memorable for her," You said firmly, smiling as you gulped down the water. "I want her to remember it as the happiest day of her life."

Lily sighed helplessly. "Princess will be happy once she sees the effort, I'm sure of it."

You beamed at her. "I sure hope so!"

Lily's worry deepened when you yawned again, rubbing your tired eyes.

"Why don't you take a short break? You've been working yourself for the past few weeks. It won't do you any good if you collapse, you'll make everyone worry. Especially His Majesty." Lily added convincingly.

You shuddered thinking of Claude's wrath. Worried Claude was overwhelming and overprotective Claude when normal Claude was scary enough. He probably wouldn't let you set foot out of the bedroom if he knew you were overworking. You had a few experiences already.