77. Move on

"-- he's with the girl. You'll find them across the lake, just a short walk away from here. That's where they usually meet."

Though the knights were taken aback by your presence on border of the kingdom, wary and suspicious of your motive, some of them recognised you as the White Tower protege healer, especially the notorious troublemaker white cat parched on your head, one came forward and kindly pointed out the way, weary expression as he remained cautious of Ether's stare.

Thanking him, you leave behind the commotion as the knights start whispering among themselves, well aware of the curious eyes fixed on you as you distanced yourself further away.

"Girl?" You muttered under your breath, steering clear off a boulder as the river came into view.

You paused, eyes scanning two silhouette sitting beside the lake, chatting away. It took you a moment you recognise him- and boy were you shocked.

The scrawny kid you knew back then had all buffed up with muscles, even from here you could see his muscles strain through his knight attire.

"Delicious, isn't it?!" The high pitched voice drew your attention away from Lawrence and on the petite figure of the female beside him. First thing that enticed your sight was her blazing red hair down to her waist and her pale ivory skin sparkling under the sun.

"It is." Lawrence voice replied quietly, eating what seems to be lunch cooked by her.

"Please have more, sir knight. I have plenty of it!" The red haired woman said, her eyes filled with joy at the compliment given by Lawrence.

You hesitated, from their posture to way they interacted it didn't take genius to know what kind of relationship they had. It gave you mixed feeling. One hand you were relieved and happy for him, and on other hand something bitter stirred in your heart. You came here to sort things out with him but should you disturb him when Lawrence seems to moved on with his life and had found a woman. In your moment of hesitation you didn't notice Lawrence's eyes peering on your hiding spot, his hands stealthfully drawing his sword out.

"Show yourself." Lawrence sheilded the female behind him, pointing his sword outward, stance guarded.

Startled by the sudden command you froze for a few seconds before stepping away from your hiding spot.

"Long time no see, Lawrence." You said with a twitching grin. This was going to be awkward. Awkward as hell.

Lawrence gasped, eyes widening, "Lady (Y/n)!?"

"I told you not to call me that countless time," You said, cautiously eyeing the red haired woman glaring at you. You smiled at her in friendly way and in response her eyes grew more furious. Okay then, looks like she wasn't all to welcoming, understandably so.

Lawrence sheathed his sword, scratching his cheek with a awkward expression, eyes still wide with shock as his mouth opened and closed several times unable to form a word before uttering, "Force of habit, I guess."

"Sorry to disturb your date but she's," You started, eyes drifting to the woman glaring at you in question. Lawrence catching your drift immediately moved to introduce her.

"She's Merlyin and Merlyin she's (Y/n), the Healer I told you about." Lawrence said.

"Yes, yes I know." Merlyin said, taking a aggressive step. "So you are the one who broke Sir knight's heart. Why are you here? Is there something you need with him?"

Wow, she's intense, you thought warily. Her quick fired questions hitting on your sensitive spot.

"Merlyin," Alarmed by her unveiled animosity, Lawrence started but you stop Lawrence shaking your head.